Thread: Removing writing on a chrome finish revolver

Removing writing on a chrome finish revolver

I just got myself a new Gletcher NGT-RF Revolver in Silver it had some white writing on the sides that did not show up much but I had an ideal how to remove it and not damage the chrome finish and it worked really well all you need is a can of car brake cleaning fluid potent stuff just put some onto a cloth and rub it over the paint and the paint will come off onto the cloth then just wipe the metal off with a dry cloth job done in seconds I would not like to try this on a black finish gun but it worked for me.
    Last edited by beagle2; 01-02-2022 at 08:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by beagle2 View Post
    I just got myself a new Gletcher NGT-RF Revolver in Silver it had some white writing on the sides that did not show up much but I had an ideal how to remove it and not damage the chrome finish and it worked really well all you need is a can of car brake cleaning fluid potent stuff just put some onto a cloth and rub it over the paint and the paint will come off onto the cloth then just wipe the metal off with a dry cloth job done in seconds I would not like to try this on a black finish gun but it worked for me.
    Nice tip buddy

I have used acetone on chrome finished guns previously, but the manufacturers seem to use laser etching more often these days, which there is very little that can be done about.
    Too many guns, or not enough time?