Thread: Turret press recommendations

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Turret press recommendations

Hi all,

I’m looking to get into reloading when I get a variation for an underlever and lbp, so will be loading pistol rounds.

I think a turret press would suit my needs and I’m currently drawn towards the rcbs one, as it’s primer system seems to be good.

I’ve also looked at Redding, Lyman and Lee.

I can’t justify/afford Dillon.

I heard that Lee are good, until they’re not, then they can be a pain to sort.

I’m happy paying a bit more for a press that is a pleasure to use, as it should be an enjoyable experience.

So I wondered if anyone could please let me know their experience of any of the above brands turret presses.

Thanks,
    Danny.
    Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22/BRNO Model 2/Remington 597/Buckmark/Marlin.44

i reload for my .44 magnum on a normal single stage press.....i know its a faff and more time consuming but the plus side.......i can physically check each powder charge

You want a turret or a progressive? Ultimate reloaded is a good resource

He explains the difference here

https://ultimatereloader.com/getting...es-of-presses/

His YouTube channel has lots of revurws too.

For pistol calibres (and low volume rifle cartridges) I have used a Lee Turret (3-hole version) for nearly 30 years - the same one. It must have loaded hundreds of thousands of rounds from 9mm to .303

It has never failed and I believe if it did there are spares available at least for the newer 4-hole version. It can be converted to a single stage very quickly with no tools. Very good value for money.

I would think the others on your list are just as good but I haven't used them. For larger quantities of the rifle ammo I load I use progressive Dillons and as you say these are bit more expensive compared to the Lee.
    Good deals with: Muskett, Dreben, roger.kerry, TALL, Helidave1, Chelseablue, Leeroy7031, Mousemann, pnuk, Practical, NEWFI, HOOGS, Webb22, lazybones1416 and deanw5262 among others. Thanks Guys.

I'll shamelessly plug the Lee progressive I've got in the sales section here

However, as above do you want a progressive or a turret? I'm doing everything on an old Redding turret that will probably outlast me- nice thing is you can use it as a single stage- to be honest I use it this was the vast majority of the time. It's also *way* easier to change between calibers than a progressive.

Hi all,

Thanks for the replies, I’m definitely looking for a turret press, as I’m starting out so want to be more in the loop for each stage of the reloading process.
    Last edited by DannyT; 29-01-2022 at 11:19 AM.
    Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22/BRNO Model 2/Remington 597/Buckmark/Marlin.44