Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cometa - uping their Quality / Game - who else is - ?

Cometa - uping their Quality / Game - who else is - ?

I'm so impressed with my new Fenix 400 Carbine Laminate

I think it may be the best rifle out of the box I have bought .....

So who else is 'on it' during these generally tricky times - ?

Which other maker / manufacturers are smart enough to get their sales by really doing their best to 'get it right' - ?
    Looking for TO-6 Trigger unit unmessed with or T0-6 kit for 34

All the cheaper manufacturers have improved over the years if you look at their mid range kit.
    At the top end they're still pushing their technical limits for quality but that technical limit is way ahead of where it was 10 years ago .

I think Cometa are on to a winner with the Fenix 400 USC at that price point,(seen a few shops selling them for £295 now ) I’m wanting the green colour laminate stock one (that big Dan had on Facebook)although I’m only seeing the grey ones available at mo which are very nice 👍🏻 I also like the look of the Orion SPR and Lynx PCP rifles. Look great quality for the price.

Great to hear of your satisfaction with your new Cometa. Keep enjoying.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Weihrauch has actually improved their products, despite the idiotic stock design the have introduced.
    The changes to the barrel blocks and stock mounts that happened around 2012 are improvements in my opinion.
    Too bad they dropped the cylinder honing on the HW35/80 they did back in the 80's.
    Too many airguns!

I think the lifetime warranty offered by Cometa speaks volumes

The Advance bullpup is on my radar

Chris
    bigtoe, Harry, hydroclamp, jpsnorton, gayle89, mark410, Stu83, smallholder1, wellhouse0, readingcop, sir-slots-alot, danco1987, Stevenb, DarylDiane, simpleSimon, Ratinator, Milek, Josh, Maxtich, Woodsie99, Ozzie, master_shriller, niloc, Drake267, deejayuu, shootingstars

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    Quote Originally Posted by evert View Post
    Weihrauch has actually improved their products, despite the idiotic stock design the have introduced.
    The changes to the barrel blocks and stock mounts that happened around 2012 are improvements in my opinion.
    Too bad they dropped the cylinder honing on the HW35/80 they did back in the 80's.
    Apart from the slightly modified piston seals in 2015ish (?) and the solution-looking-for-a -problem that is the HW44 (itself just a cut down HW110), have they really done anything of note in the last 10 years?
    Good deals with these members

Quote Originally Posted by eyebull View Post
    Apart from the slightly modified piston seals in 2015ish (?) and the solution-looking-for-a -problem that is the HW44 (itself just a cut down HW110), have they really done anything of note in the last 10 years?
    They stopped welding the brackets on the cylinders of the HW95 and the HW80. That can only be positive, as it reduces distortions.
    They started screwing the barrels into the blocks (a plus in my book), and the more recent barrel block machining is much more tidy.
    Too many airguns!

First Time Right...wouldnt that be nice...for all kinda manufacturing
    Not everyone is on the Lean Six boat yet
    Imo, many brands are working hard to, at léast, innovate and improve. For instance, an often 'hated'brand but I love their efforts and their improvements, every single year: Gamo.
    New models regularly, Fitted BSA mag for their Gen 1, later Gen 2 and 3 systems, triggers etc.
    Stoeger is also working hard. With stocks you can alter with different grips etc.
    I like Cometa. Owned a Fusion with spring. Very nice, accurate, rifle. Not very hold sensitive either.
    ATB,
    yana

Somewhere around 2014 I had stopped hunting with firearms and exchanged my guns for a new light weight Cometa fusion 5.5mm air rifle. This Cometa was equipped with a gas ram. I had fallen for the look. But because this rifle had no open sights, only a scope could be placed on it. Personally, I don't like scopes and the rifle ended up in the weapon cabinet. Until recently. The gas ram had halved in strength after 8 years. Took this out and did put in a new HW spring. I made a precision guide rod from aluminum to keep the noise down. Removed the ugly top hat of the barrel. That cannot possibly have been conceived by the designer, but rather by a boss who wanted to push his idea through. Really a detriment to such a nice gun. Because my eyes are no longer as sharp at close range, a peep sight still works well for me. Installed and adjusted self made sights. The rifle groups insanely well. That can't be otherwise because of the hammered barrel. The trigger still had to be adjusted, but after all these years, after all the adjustments, I am super satisfied with it finally!

Quote Originally Posted by 32:1 View Post
    I think the lifetime warranty offered by Cometa speaks volumes

The Advance bullpup is on my radar

Chris

Hi Chris, a Cometa.25 cal is on my radar next time.
    atb brian

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    All the cheaper manufacturers have improved over the years if you look at their mid range kit.
    At the top end they're still pushing their technical limits for quality but that technical limit is way ahead of where it was 10 years ago .
    I tend to agree, most of the mid range air rifles have upped their quality over the years .

Quote Originally Posted by Robert j View Post
    Somewhere around 2014 I had stopped hunting with firearms and exchanged my guns for a new light weight Cometa fusion 5.5mm air rifle. This Cometa was equipped with a gas ram. I had fallen for the look. But because this rifle had no open sights, only a scope could be placed on it. Personally, I don't like scopes and the rifle ended up in the weapon cabinet. Until recently. The gas ram had halved in strength after 8 years. Took this out and did put in a new HW spring. I made a precision guide rod from aluminum to keep the noise down. Removed the ugly top hat of the barrel. That cannot possibly have been conceived by the designer, but rather by a boss who wanted to push his idea through. Really a detriment to such a nice gun. Because my eyes are no longer as sharp at close range, a peep sight still works well for me. Installed and adjusted self made sights. The rifle groups insanely well. That can't be otherwise because of the hammered barrel. The trigger still had to be adjusted, but after all these years, after all the adjustments, I am super satisfied with it finally!

Lovely.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

look no hands is online now Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Lovely.
    You only said lovely because he put a Weihrauch spring in it

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

We all knowTonyL is run by a giant HW Spring=BOING-BOING.!!!
    atb Brian