Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cometa - uping their Quality / Game - who else is - ?

Hahaha!

Sussed!

BOING!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Some time ago I purchased a s/h Cometa Fennix 400, the reviews told it to be a decent cheap gun and it attracted me on its looks. It has been sitting in the cabinet for a good while as initial use proved it to be not up to expectations. It recently escaped the cabinet had a new spring and seal fitted and bingo it's now a very nice gun with a decent trigger. When I removed the piston it had no seal, as there was no evidence of a previous strip, it must have come from the factory like it, however, it was still pretty powerfull. The spring/seal has upped it's power and it's muzzle crack to a nice thump and is very accurate. As far as Cometa upping their quality nothing has changed except the overall looks of their guns and their stocks, the internals remain the same on their springers. It may appear that there have been improvements but have there, I believe only a few appreciated the Cometa because it was Spanish and not German which leads me on to Gamo. Gamo have always been considered bottom of the pile and quite rightly so with some of their models. Their Cf20 and 30 were the original exceptions with similar underlever models following on with so much potential. Work on the Cf range involved a piston sleeve to remove the twang and modifying the trigger. Those two mods transformed the gun into something worth having, of course there will always be detractors out there who still believe them to be rubbish but have never tried a tuned up job, compare a tuned HW to one straight out of the box and you will see my meaning.
    As to these two companies improving their quality, I feel that this may not be the case as the shooting community has come to appreciate there is more to air gun than Made in Germany