Thread: Hw100 vs R10th vs hw110

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thank you all for the comprehensive responses.

I currently have a s410f carbine. And it is a great gun, but feel the shot count and consistency let it down. On a fill it just doesn't get enough shots from the "sweet spot" , when it's good it's great, but just don't know when the shots will start dropping off.

So I would want a regulated gun next that has a more consistent shot count and more reliable accuracy.

If you are in the market for a HW110, then it’s really worth checking a thread called “ A First-hand Look Inside The Weihrauch Hw110” before you buy.

I was in the market for one but I went for another full length HW100 instead. Weight and arguably looks aside, the 100 is still one of the best there is.

The weight and balance issues of the HW100 can be almost fully remedied by buying an alloy cylinder from a reputable manufacturer - there’s a few of them out there. Some are a bit spendy but well worth in my eyes.

Thanks again. I think I am leaning towards the hw100.

Will have to keep a lookout for a decent one.

Anybody recommend/suggest a regulated PCP .177 other than these 3?

Quote Originally Posted by chimpy leon View Post
    The weight and balance issues of the HW100 can be almost fully remedied by buying an alloy cylinder from a reputable manufacturer - there’s a few of them out there. Some are a bit spendy but well worth in my eyes.
    I fitted a HW100Tuning titanium cylinder to mine last June.
    Yes it does reduce overall weight, but its still a nose heavy lump with crap stock ergonomics
    B.A.S.C. member

Quote Originally Posted by robs5230 View Post
    I fitted a HW100Tuning titanium cylinder to mine last June.
    Yes it does reduce overall weight, but its still a nose heavy lump with crap stock ergonomics
    I’ve owned both the full length sporter and thumbhole stocked versions and found them both to be perfectly functional for me.

What didn’t you like about the ergos?

Hi ive had all 3 of them and i kept two out of the 3 i kept HW 100 had it few year bought used the had ratworks tuned and kept the R10 177 that was bought used and is now also tuned done years ago by XTX i bought and owned HW 110 brand new it was trouble from the start and went back to hull cartridge 3 times then rfd offered me a full refund they no longer stock that model on the shelf only order only.

i would avoid the weihrauch 110.having owned one and read other s
    reports. the magazine loading makes one believe he/she has the onset
    of parkinsons disease

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    R10s regs are poor, if the gun has had it replaced with an aftermarket one then it should be fine, otherwise be aware you may get a nasty bill.

HW100s come in several sizes/styles, the carbine has a limited shot count, just 50/60 in .177, but the full sized version normally clears 100.

HW110s are a bit of an acquired taste, they feel a bit plasticy for the money and the way the mag loads is a PITA, I sold one specifically because of it.

None are really "better" than the others, it's more about what you like cosmetically, what your going to use it for, and which one feels right and fits you, so you could do with trying them all TBH.

If I had to have one, it would be a sorted R10, but not a standard one if I could not afford to put it right when it goes wrong
    Making a mockery of growing old gracefully since I retired