Quote Originally Posted by Abasmajor View Post
Glad your inspection went well and you will be receiving your explosive certificate soon. FAC renewals times vary from force to force but you should receive a reminder 12-16 weeks before the certificate expires. I would respond immediately as most applications are taking at least 12 weeks with some longer delays due to the necessity of getting your GP to provide the required medical letter in a timely manner. My explosive certificate application was made at the same time as my FAC came up for renewal, so future renewals will be at the same time. As there will be at least a 4 month gap between your certificates, you will probably need to apply for them separately.
I'm not a purist and having tried BP substitutes as well as traditional BP, I eventually settled on 777 for a number of reasons, but much prefer 777 to Pyrodex which is why I needed to apply for an explosive certificate in the first place.

Brian
Talking to my Diabetic Nurse last week she told me that my GP won't sign any firearms related forms period. My renewal is not until next year but methinks I need to sort something out well before then...