Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reloading parts list?

Reloading

I always found priming cases in the press a pain.

One of the best reloading items I ever bought was a Lee auto-prime, much quicker than the press. I recommend the one with the built-in primer tray. My old one has a circular primer tray, but I believe the improved new version has a square tray (same shape as the primer packaging; so it doesn't drop the four primers in the corners on the floor when filling the auto-prime!)

Hope this helps,
    Best Regards
    Bill.

Quote Originally Posted by billsnibby View Post
    I always found priming cases in the press a pain.

One of the best reloading items I ever bought was a Lee auto-prime, much quicker than the press. I recommend the one with the built-in primer tray. My old one has a circular primer tray, but I believe the improved new version has a square tray (same shape as the primer packaging; so it doesn't drop the four primers in the corners on the floor when filling the auto-prime!)

Hope this helps,
    Best Regards
    Bill.
    Thanks for the tip, much appreciated!
    Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22/BRNO Model 2/Remington 597/Buckmark/Marlin.44

Technically you won’t need a separate priming tool for the breech lock pro press , just pop the primers in by hand to the priming arm.
    If you want a hands free system then you’ll want the priming attachment for the press.
    If you use a separate tool you tend to negate the advantage of the press.
    As yet I’ve not encountered a problem just picking up the primers and also use a Lee ram primer for rifle cases.
    However if you end up reloading rifle cartridges then a separate tool by speed things up .