Thread: FX Dreamline Lite Compact

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

FX Dreamline Lite Compact

This is a rifle that I've both wanted to try, and wanted to avoid, in equal amounts since its been released.

The reason for wanting to avoid, is purely that with FX's record of introducing new models, its always been likely that a mk2/3/4 would be on the horizon in short order. But it seems to have remain largely unchanged except maybe the shroud.

The reason for wanting to try one? The Edgun Leshiy.
    Bear with me.
    I've owned pretty much, all the market has had to offer in the last 30 years, then I bought a Leshiy.
    The Leshiy is solely responsible for changing my shooting requirements, more than any other rifle. The small size and weight being a revelation.
    My Leshiys have sadly gone but its left a big hole, where something was.

So the DLC
    Its not a Leshiy, but it comes rather close in terms of weight and length to something I've really been missing.
    I'd found it difficult to even see / handle one (the pleasures of living in the sticks) and the iffy stock levels in the last couple of years, meant a trip to Sportsman kept being put on the backburner.
    I have a few nice rifles (used for pest control) but all seem lacking in some way or other.

So after speaking recently to a couple of lads that had the DLC, I decided this week, I'd make the 1 hour drive to SGC after first confrming they had one in stock.
    The specs online only quoted the length and weight of the standard DL, so it was a bit of a guess / anticipation what the proportions of the compact would actually be.
    As soon as the box was opened in front of me, I knew I was going to blow my wad. Around 30" in length and feather light (confirmed on scales at home (yeah course I bought it) at a gnats over 2kg) with for me what looked like perfect balance.
    I'd taken a BKL 257 High mount with me as well as a tape, so I knew what my scope height above comb requirements would be. The 257 H cleared the mag and head position measured perfectly. I also knew the eye releif of the scope I wanted to use, so could also check any possible issues with position before handing my money over.
    The deal was done.
    A 3 year warranty sort of reassured the purchase.

At home, it was quickly mounted with a 2-7 airmax which went on with not a lot of room to spare, but is spot on for head position.
    Anyone wishing to use a compact scope, or a 30mm bodied scope, needs to weigh the impact of this before purchasing.

A quick power test showed 10.6 with JSB express, 11.2 with Mako slugs and 11.8t with JSB heavy. Spot on and safe.

I then progressed to zeroing.
    After a few turret twiddles, a full mag was put through a less than 10mm hole at 25 yards. Looking good.
    Negatives? Gauges and foster fill port stick out a bit, grip could do with more depth at the rear, and the trigger may need a slight adjustment.
    None of which actually really matter, giving how it performs.
    Reg gauge shows no hesitance in maintaining set pressure and chrono consistency is good.

Am I pleased?
    Too right I am.
    Not sure how long I have to write this post and dont want to lose it so I'll continue in another post
    Last edited by robs5230; 09-02-2022 at 08:16 AM. Reason: Added detail on mount height.
    B.A.S.C. member