Thread: Zlotystok Black Powder

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Soup Dragon View Post
    I don't currently shoot indoors, with black powder or anything else. And don't much fancy it with BP to be honest!

I will however report back with my observations on the efficacy of said powder after my (outdoor) range sesh on Sunday.

I've loaded up some vials with 30g and 35g FFFg for use with .457 round ball in the ROA. And 50 rounds of paper patched 195gr round nose over 80g of the FFg for the Martini Henry.

Visually both grades of powder look to be clean and free flowing with regular sized, glazed/shiny granules with no noticeable BP dust. They left a very fine grey film on a porcelain dish I decanted some into, which I suspect is graphite. Visually at least, it looks to be a quality powder.
    I have to weigh my PP bullets for my martini Henry but I know they not as light as yours…..I use 75gns of Swiss but interested in the new bp from Kranks .
    Just heard mixed views on it

Quote Originally Posted by loiner1965 View Post
    I have to weigh my PP bullets for my martini Henry but I know they not as light as yours…..I use 75gns of Swiss but interested in the new bp from Kranks .
    Just heard mixed views on it
    Oops, typo! My MH PP bullets are 495gr not 195gr!

Quote Originally Posted by Soup Dragon View Post
    Oops, typo! My MH PP bullets are 495gr not 195gr!
    lol......i