Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zlotystok Black Powder

Zlotystok Black Powder

Hi

I'm thinking of purchasing a kilo of the Zlotystok Swiss 1 equivalent next time I pay a visit to Krank's, anybody on here use it and if so what's the verdict compared to (very expensive) Swiss 1? I already use some of the OB equivalent which works well but is a bit dusty(?) Is the other powder the same?

John

Not exactly an answer but I use explosia Vesuvit black powder made in the Czech republic and it works fine. I cant see much difference between that and Swiss but only £48/ kg.
    [I]DesG
    Domani e troppo tardi

Quote Originally Posted by DesG View Post
    Not exactly an answer but I use explosia Vesuvit black powder made in the Czech republic and it works fine. I cant see much difference between that and Swiss but only £48/ kg.
    I have a shooting mate that uses Vesuvit in his cannon (Ardesa Old Ironsides). He shot a 95 at last weeks cannon championships so he must be doing something right?? I use Swiss 1 in mine and my PB is 92, definitely a one-off as I've never been close since!

i like swiss as its not dusty or eggy lol like some of the others

I use Vesuvit in my 577 and 45/70 then Swiss in my pistol and revolvers. Both good powders although the Swiss is cleaner
    burning as you would expect and seems to have slightly more "umph". Doesn't have the "eggy" smell like other powders.

I have just purchased 2kg of Zlotystok from Kranks. A kilo each of FFg and FFFg for my Martini Henry and Ruger Old Army respectively. I'll be using it for the first time on Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by Soup Dragon View Post
    I have just purchased 2kg of Zlotystok from Kranks. A kilo each of FFg and FFFg for my Martini Henry and Ruger Old Army respectively. I'll be using it for the first time on Sunday.
    Interested in how you get on with load data for Ruger and how Smokey / dusty it is indoors , that’s if you shout indoors

Quote Originally Posted by loiner1965 View Post
    Interested in how you get on with load data for Ruger and how Smokey / dusty it is indoors , that’s if you shout indoors
    Likewise, I'll be very interested to see how it goes (off)

Turnup is offline Dialling code‎: ‎01344
    Woah!

There cannot be many ranges which meet the H+S requirements to allow BP use indoors (basically you have to wash it down after each use).
    True freedom includes the freedom to make mistakes or do foolish things and bear the consequences.
    TANSTAAFL

I don't currently shoot indoors, with black powder or anything else. And don't much fancy it with BP to be honest!

I will however report back with my observations on the efficacy of said powder after my (outdoor) range sesh on Sunday.

I've loaded up some vials with 30g and 35g FFFg for use with .457 round ball in the ROA. And 50 rounds of paper patched 495gr round nose over 80g of the FFg for the Martini Henry.

Visually both grades of powder look to be clean and free flowing with regular sized, glazed/shiny granules with no noticeable BP dust. They left a very fine grey film on a porcelain dish I decanted some into, which I suspect is graphite. Visually at least, it looks to be a quality powder.
    Last edited by Soup Dragon; 24-05-2022 at 08:11 PM.

Where are people buying the Vesuvit and how much is it?

I don't currently shoot indoors, with black powder or anything else. And don't much fancy it with BP to be honest!

I will however report back with my observations on the efficacy of said powder after my (outdoor) range sesh on Sunday.

I've loaded up some vials with 30g and 35g FFFg for use with .457 round ball in the ROA. And 50 rounds of paper patched 195gr round nose over 80g of the FFg for the Martini Henry.

Visually both grades of powder look to be clean and free flowing with regular sized, glazed/shiny granules with no noticeable BP dust. They left a very fine grey film on a porcelain dish I decanted some into, which I suspect is graphite. Visually at least, it looks to be a quality powder.
    I have to weigh my PP bullets for my martini Henry but I know they not as light as yours…..I use 75gns of Swiss but interested in the new bp from Kranks .
    Just heard mixed views on it

I have to weigh my PP bullets for my martini Henry but I know they not as light as yours…..I use 75gns of Swiss but interested in the new bp from Kranks .
    Just heard mixed views on it
    Oops, typo! My MH PP bullets are 495gr not 195gr!

Oops, typo! My MH PP bullets are 495gr not 195gr!
    lol......i

any updates yet