Thread: Zlotystok Black Powder

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Zlotystok Black Powder

Hi

I'm thinking of purchasing a kilo of the Zlotystok Swiss 1 equivalent next time I pay a visit to Krank's, anybody on here use it and if so what's the verdict compared to (very expensive) Swiss 1? I already use some of the OB equivalent which works well but is a bit dusty(?) Is the other powder the same?

John

Not exactly an answer but I use explosia Vesuvit black powder made in the Czech republic and it works fine. I cant see much difference between that and Swiss but only £48/ kg.
    [I]DesG
    Domani e troppo tardi

Quote Originally Posted by DesG View Post
    Not exactly an answer but I use explosia Vesuvit black powder made in the Czech republic and it works fine. I cant see much difference between that and Swiss but only £48/ kg.
    I have a shooting mate that uses Vesuvit in his cannon (Ardesa Old Ironsides). He shot a 95 at last weeks cannon championships so he must be doing something right?? I use Swiss 1 in mine and my PB is 92, definitely a one-off as I've never been close since!

i like swiss as its not dusty or eggy lol like some of the others

I use Vesuvit in my 577 and 45/70 then Swiss in my pistol and revolvers. Both good powders although the Swiss is cleaner
    burning as you would expect and seems to have slightly more "umph". Doesn't have the "eggy" smell like other powders.

I have just purchased 2kg of Zlotystok from Kranks. A kilo each of FFg and FFFg for my Martini Henry and Ruger Old Army respectively. I'll be using it for the first time on Sunday.