Thread: CO2 pistol sights unusable with silencer fitted

CO2 pistol sights unusable with silencer fitted

I saw advertised the Umarex K3 Silencer and thought - that's just what I need on my CO2 pistols - back garden plinking.

I ordered the silencer and adaptors to fit 2 Umarex CO2 pistols, Beretta M 92 FS and Wather CP99.

First aggravation was fitting the adaptor on the CP99, the adaptor is flat but the pistol front is not, so it took me over an hour of fiddling to get a satisfactory fit with the screw tightened. The Beretta adaptor simply fitted onto the protruding end of the barrel with a fixing grub screw, surprisingly easy and effective it seems so far.

My nightmare now is when the silencer is fitted, the open sights are useless as they are not high enough to see through above the silencer. Does anyone know if 'higher' sights made to fit are available?

The Beretta has no rails at all and the Walther only a under barrel which would take a Laser I sppose - but I don't like or want one.

Cheers for your input,
    John

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    Sadly your options are limited to; either getting a narrower bore silencer, or holding out hope for a set of adjustable competition sights to come up for sale 2nd hand. One has come and gone in the last week on here.
    The rear adjustable comp sights will fit the Umarex 1911, CP88 and Beretta (don't know about the CP99), but the foresights are unique to each gun I believe. The rear sights are rare, and the foresights sadly even rarer.
    A real shame, as silencer issues aside the adjustable sights make them much better guns IMO.
    Good deals with these members

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    There is an attachment that fits into the dovetail and allows you to fit a red dot sight, but I'd strongly advise against buying it - it's a chintzy bit of ill-fitting plastic and moves around so much that its practically impossible to retain zero.
    That said if you're a bit handy or know someone who is, making a picatinny rail with a dovetail fitment underneath wouldn't be all that difficult, and you couldn't possibly do any worse than the Umarex bodge.
    Good deals with these members

I had a bespoke silencer made for my Beretta as I knew it was required to clear the sights.

https://youtu.be/QHbDOIBSpkM
    David.

The good old widely-available Parker-Hale and its copies are narrow enough to allow sight use on these. Bit heavy in steel (there was an alloy version).

Quote Originally Posted by DAR View Post
    I had a bespoke silencer made for my Beretta as I knew it was required to clear the sights.

https://youtu.be/QHbDOIBSpkM
    I have made a pair of open sights from a chunk of aluminium, each about 3mm higher, to fit the Beretta - problem one solved.