Thread: Readily available FWB124 tuning kits?

Readily available FWB124 tuning kits?

I bought a clean 124 a couple of day ago and tried it today. Unfortunately, after 2 pellets, the rifle no longer had the oomph push a pellet out the end of the barrel.

My rifle needs the minimum of a reseal, which i cannot do myself as i do not have the access to a spring compressor. Im wondering what options are readily available to me? Possibly with a smaller spring for improved shot cycle and ease of maintenance in the future? I would like to way up options vs cost as im going to have to sell some bits to help fund getting it sorted.

Thanks

Jonny

@logun-ator is up your way. T W Chamber do a bargain standard kit too.

Quote Originally Posted by deejayuu View Post
    I never thought about giving mick a shout. Thanks, i will take a look at the chambers kit now

Quote Originally Posted by deejayuu View Post
    40 quid plus post isnt bad. Ive just had a browse and come across Welsh willys kits with a shorter spring/guides/seals at about 80. Worth the extra 40 quid you think? BAR have an old stock Vmach kit but its for a 127

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Maccari in the USA makes good parts for the Feinwerkbau Sport, including a variety of 'tune kits

https://www.airrifleheadquarters.com...age/251483.htm

When I ordered things from him it takes about a week to get to the UK.

A spring compressor is easily made from a sash-cramp and some pieces of wood. It is essential for the Feinwerkbau Sport, as well as the very long spring the safety system needs holding together while the spring is compressed, also the bolt that holds the back-block in is steel and the block is alloy - get the alignment wrong and its really easy to cross-thread the block.

I've made a couple over the years, my current one is similar to this one but a bit fancier...

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....ing-compressor

As part of the re-build it is a good idea to replace the 'safety spring'

https://www.airrifleheadquarters.com...83/7066414.htm

The reason I mention this is that it can become bent in use and then the safety becomes unreliable and possibly the trigger mechanism too. It might even be a good idea to make a tiny spring guide for it so it cannot bend.
    Last edited by Hsing-ee; 27-02-2022 at 07:17 AM.

FWB Sport

Try Lyn Lewington for a VMach kit. Have VMach seals in my sports and they are hard to beat. Mach 1.5

I'd try mick simm, might not need a kit. Atb mick

Quote Originally Posted by Mach 1.5 View Post
    Try Lyn Lewington for a VMach kit. Have VMach seals in my sports and they are hard to beat. Mach 1.5
    Ive dropped lyn a message. Cheers paul

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    All it is likely to need is a new seal. You can't replace the rear guide (well, not without chopping it off).

So i'd just get a new seal (supersport seal can be sized down) and find a spring that's a nice fit on the guide. Then add a beer can piston liner (the new spring will be a smaller OD) and it'll be sweet as.
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.