Thread: Gimme a sugestion or two

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Gimme a sugestion or two

Looking for ideas for a cheap n cheerful pistol. Just for a bit of fun and change from the rifle. Looking for self contained unit so spring / pneumatic and prefer .177.

What ya suggest?
    Theoben Evolution .177 with MTC Viper
    "Tell me something, friend. Have you ever danced with the devil by the pale moonlight?"

Unframed Dave is offline World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    Gamo compact takes some beating on a budget.

Dave
    Smell my cheese

Cheers Dave, I’ll have a look at them 😃
    Theoben Evolution .177 with MTC Viper
    "Tell me something, friend. Have you ever danced with the devil by the pale moonlight?"

Weihrauch HW40, or Gamo Compact, I would recommend the HW40 for its trigger, and the Gamo for its sights..... but faced with a back garden full of tin cans, or paper targets anything up to 10m I think the HW40 has it overall
    TX200 .177 21mm TL | TX200HC .22 22mm TL | Prosport .22 22mm TL
    HW40 | HW45 | Diana Mod5 | Webley Senior....... Because PCP is like kissing your sister (apparently)

Beeman p17, basically a cheap hw40 and you'll never actually shoot a pistol enough to find a difference.

You do occasionally see older and less 'pretty' HW45's come up for sale, I was luck enough to pick one up from here for £120. A Beeman P17 might set you back £40 - £50 second hand, but as it is almost totally recoilless, I found that the one I had just didn't have any 'soul'.

The Beeman does come under various names, but are basically the same pistol, here is an example called "Buster":
    https://www.gunstar.co.uk/buster-p17...r-Guns/1405783

The HW45 is a whole handful of character, but is a rewarding challenge to master.
    Too many guns, or not enough time?