If accuracy is a goal, the trigger beats almost every other factor in a pistol.

For that reason I'd go HW40 ever time. The Compact's grip is excellent and its sights are good but the trigger lets it down. The only reason I don't own a 40 is I own an HW75 which is its big brother, the SSP stablemate of the HW45.

The HW75 has similar power to the HW40, match accuracy (good as my LP10), great trigger when properly adjusted and all metal construction with wood grips.

If you're looking for can busting fun and a bit of a challenge, the HW45. Accurate as hell (potentially) but really hard to master. Trigger is a proper 2 stage unit. OK out of the box, it has great potential but needs careful adjustment to get it good. It also has some customisation options as it's compatible with 1911 grips, so Hogue, Pachmayr etc and a raft of copies.

Alecto/HP01 is good for flexibility with the option of extra power for longer range work. Trigger is acceptable: reasonably light but has a bit of a rollover release rather than a crisp 2nd stage break. It's also a massive handful even though the weight is manageable due to being largely plastic.

All of the above can mount optics if you want, which adds flexibility.

I'd steer clear of the Crosman 1377 and 2240 unless you want to get into modding and fettling them, in which case go for it, it's a whole new world and your wallet and spare time will suffer but you'll have enormous fun in the process!