Thread: Gimme a sugestion or two

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Reevo17 View Post
    A standard 2240 will shoot around 30 decent shots and around 35 in total before power falls off a cliff - however each shot the power will drop.

They are very inefficient as standard as displayed when you shoot the blast of co2 you can see.

Years ago I cut 1.5 coils off the hammer spring, fitted a john small transfer port to maximise efficiency and I managed 90 shots at 4ftlb. There was no super cooling as I was shooting excess gas and it handled very well. Shots were timed every minute.

For the cost of £5 and 30minites it’s well worth tinkering
    Interesting, do you know the size of the transfer port hole? I've got a modded 1377 I'm intending to sell but I'm keeping the steel breech and drop sear trigger for a future 2240 project. So I've got both standard restricted and large 1377 TPs. 90 shots at 4 ft.lb sounds a lot more useful than 30 at 5.5
    “We are too much accustomed to attribute to a single cause that which is the product of several, and the majority of our controversies come from that.” - Marcus Aurelius

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam77K View Post
    Interesting, do you know the size of the transfer port hole? I've got a modded 1377 I'm intending to sell but I'm keeping the steel breech and drop sear trigger for a future 2240 project. So I've got both standard restricted and large 1377 TPs. 90 shots at 4 ft.lb sounds a lot more useful than 30 at 5.5
    Whilst the TP helps, the best mod for a 2240 is an SSG.. massive efficiency gains, and if you run at 4Fp you get even more. Somewhen I'm supposed to be doing a how to make one for the 2240 (internal design) vid. Should be this month...
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    Whilst the TP helps, the best mod for a 2240 is an SSG.. massive efficiency gains, and if you run at 4Fp you get even more. Somewhen I'm supposed to be doing a how to make one for the 2240 (internal design) vid. Should be this month...
    Um, what’s an SSG?
    “We are too much accustomed to attribute to a single cause that which is the product of several, and the majority of our controversies come from that.” - Marcus Aurelius

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam77K View Post
    Um, what’s an SSG?
    stopping spring guide... worth a google.
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.