Page 21 of 33 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: Spring Bash 14th and 15th May 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Vernal View Post
    Glad to hear this Tony, I hope it secures your attendance at the Bash. I have had injections in the eye a few times, and was surprised how easy and painless it is.
    Ah, thank you for that, Michael. Nice to hear from someone else who has had it done and feeling more reassured following your comments. I'm sure the thought of having it done is much, much worse than the procedure itself.

How are your eyes now following the treatment?

Non-attendance would only ever have happened if vision had got even worse, sir, so should be all good. Depending on how quickly I improve, though, may mean I won't be doing any "meaningful" shooting on the weekend.

I could do with checking the zero on the Mercury after its rebuild a couple of weeks or so ago, as I had planned on bringing it along. Now, I did have those very weird point of impact happenings with the Supersport when I tried it at Easter, so not holding much hope out. If I get the chance I'll try and re-establish a close range "zero", (indeed it may not have moved at all, which would be handy), but might require assistance at Quigley Bottom to get a 25 yards zero.
    Last edited by TonyL; 30-04-2022 at 06:00 AM.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by GrandadG View Post

Just two weeks to go until "Super Saturday" of the Spring Boinger Bash, peeps.

BOING!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Payment sent Neil, sorry its a bit last minute I was waiting to see if jimbo was coming too but he can't make it. Looking forward immensely to seeing everyone

Nice one, Chris.

Shame we won't be seeing Jim, though. It's been far too long.

It looks like he's moving house around the time of the bash. His fiancee is due to have a baby in august so they needed more room than the flat they are in at the moment. He was gutted he couldn't make it.

[QUOTE=TonyL;8139463]Ah, thank you for that, Michael. Nice to hear from someone else who has had it done and feeling more reassured following your comments. I'm sure the thought of having it done is much, much worse than the procedure itself.

How are your eyes now following the treatment?

Non-attendance would only ever have happened if vision had got even worse, sir, so should be all good. Depending on how quickly I improve, though, may mean I won't be doing any "meaningful" shooting on the weekend.

Glad to say that All went well, and now forearmed I can use drops at the first sign of trouble, which prevents the need for injections. I admit I was very very apprehensive the first time they stuck a needle in my eye, and greatly relieved to find that I need not have worried. Looking forward to seeing you all again soon.
    I

Not checked all 16 pages, but do we have an attendance list ?
    LOOKING FOR A BSA ULTRA IN .177 and .25

i will post the list, just need to chase a couple of people.
    Table booked at the pub, need to give menu choices.
    Repariere nicht, was nicht kaputtist.

Quote Originally Posted by baldinio View Post
    It looks like he's moving house around the time of the bash. His fiancee is due to have a baby in august so they needed more room than the flat they are in at the moment. He was gutted he couldn't make it.
    Ah, so congratulations will also be in order. Nice one, Jimbo.

[QUOTE=Vernal;8139519]
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post

Glad to say that All went well, and now forearmed I can use drops at the first sign of trouble, which prevents the need for injections. I admit I was very very apprehensive the first time they stuck a needle in my eye, and greatly relieved to find that I need not have worried. Looking forward to seeing you all again soon.
    I
    Again, thank you for your kind, reassuring words, Michael.

And just thirteen sleepies to go for the Saturday peeps.

BOING!

Attendance list

Trumpetier
    Bluefan
    English
    Flying Fish
    Gt Freight
    Emma (possibly)
    George
    Look no hands
    Vernal
    Les Allam
    Mike HW45
    Tony L
    Craig P
    Capital Bee
    Guns & Hoses
    Ronster
    New Paul
    Baldino
    Vale Boy ( possibly)

Anyone who has paid and I have not put on the list please PM me.
    Repariere nicht, was nicht kaputtist.

I think NickG said he'd be able to come?

People.......that attendance list is looking on the skinny side.

For anyone able to come along but not yet decided, please, please DO take the plunge. Every single time a newbie has attended they have enjoyed a fantastic time with a warm welcome in this fun, safe and informal setting.

Neil (and previously Mick and Dave) pour in so much effort, time and commitment into making these meets possible for us to enjoy. Let alone the upfront financial outlay. All we have to do is pay a paltry sum, turn up and enjoy.

Please, please support these events. Lack of sufficient support will lead to their non-existence one day and we'll all be much the worse off.

I GUARANTEE you'll love it.
    Last edited by TonyL; 04-05-2022 at 05:49 AM.

I'll chase up all my possibles too, Neil.

Unhappy Sorry

I forgot the customary first of the month greeting yesterday morning.

So a belated "Rabbits, Rabbits, Rabbits" and the very best of fortunes and health to all you lovely Boingerfolk.

And it wasn't just the first of any month but the first of a month with a lovely, healthy and fun-loaded Boinger Bash.

Delicious!

BOING!