Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Spring Bash 14th and 15th May 2022

And just ten little sleepies to go (for the Saturday arrivees).

BOING!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by GrandadG View Post

And a bit of Boingy colour for the new page.

BOING!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Yes the Lgv was doing 10.4 when I bought it , was thinking dodgy spring, but not so , made an o ring nose same dimensions as the original seal, and it made high 11's.
    I then did the Jim Tyler, tune ie open port and tx spring with circa 40 mm preload, power went down a tad . Shot cycle very similar.
    It's a very nice shooting gun ,If I did anything else would take a little weight of the piston.

Quote Originally Posted by NickG View Post
    Yes the Lgv was doing 10.4 when I bought it , was thinking dodgy spring, but not so , made an o ring nose same dimensions as the original seal, and it made high 11's.
    I then did the Jim Tyler, tune ie open port and tx spring with circa 40 mm preload, power went down a tad . Shot cycle very similar.
    It's a very nice shooting gun ,If I did anything else would take a little weight of the piston.
    Hi Nick
    I will be bringing my standard LVG to the bash to compare with Vernal’s and yours if you are taking it to the bash.
    Les..

I've certainly had the undoubted pleasure of playing with Vernal's super-sweet shooting and very polite LGV, Les. I think I've tried your very nice shooting standard one, also? Comparing these three fine break barrels will be a most pleasant exercise.

Thumbs up And into single figures countdown to go!

Oh yes indeed, people.

Just nine sleepies to go for the Saturday peeps.:

And only a week to go for you lucky, lucky Thursday peeps.

BOING!

Lightbulb Rumours of a heat wave?

Ah, so what's that I think I just heard a little about on Breakfast News? Maybe a mini heat wave arriving mid to late next week? More details to follow later, it said.

Excellent timing for our Boingy Bash.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Ah, so what's that I think I just heard a little about on Breakfast News? Maybe a mini heat wave arriving mid to late next week? More details to follow later, it said.

Excellent timing for our Boingy Bash.
    Yeah my better half keeps a eye out for the weather and said it’s going to be 21 + next week.
    Be lovely for anyone who is camping ⛺️ and nice and comfortable on the range..
    Les..

Awesome!

The Sun always seems to shine on Quigley Bottom.. Remember how warm it was at last year's October Bash?

And I see JoVet is joining us.. Welcome aboard, sir.

Smile And The Sleepometer says

Just the eight to go (for the Saturday peeps).

And this time next week those peeps lucky enough to have arrived on Thursday will have enjoyed their first day, re-united with brilliant friends and taking in the ambience and goodness under the Quigley Bottom stars.

So very nearly, nearlier there, peeps.

BOING!

Has anyone spoken with our Gwyn recently? I often think about him and hope he's keeping okay.

flyingfish is offline I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    Now to a sorry and shamefull confession. Due to bursitis returning to my shoulder I am going to have to shoot a pcp tomorrow
    Sorry for letting the side down Tony
    Pete

You're not letting anyone down at all, Pete. As much as we cherish our much beloved springers and love their simplicity and self-contained practicality and character, your health and ability to enjoy is paramount. Absolutely no shame in using a PCP therefore, Pete. It's still an airgun and I don't subscribe to any divisibility amongst our ranks; you'll just need to push the range a little further / go for more testing targets.

Hope you're fully recovered in super-quick time.

Fingers crossed.....Gary from Lincoln still hopefully coming with his freshly fettled Brummy Stingray and AA S200. Others still being chased.

Smile One week to go

Until the bright, sunny, boingy, bouncy, warm Super-Saturday that's the main event of The Bash.

Simply can't wait.

BOING!