Page 25 of 33 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Spring Bash 14th and 15th May 2022

Roll on Thursday!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GrandadG View Post

Ooooo.......you lucky, lucky man.

And only three sleeps to go for you, Dave and any other nice peeps able to land on Thursday.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Wink

Could do a windbreak or two if anyone has one not being used.
    Repariere nicht, was nicht kaputtist.

Chippendale is offline Well stuff me, you live and learn.

Crhrono

I know the last two Bashes I attended at Quigley Hollow there was at least one Chrono there, will anybody be taking one this weekend, I have a couple of riles I would like to have checked please.

Melv

Chippendale. (with clothes on)

flyingfish is offline I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    I will have mine Melv
    Pete

I can bring my chronograph along as well.
    Repariere nicht, was nicht kaputtist.

Chippendale is offline Well stuff me, you live and learn.
    Quote Originally Posted by flyingfish View Post
    I will have mine Melv
    Thank you

Melv

So you're coming for a play then, Melv?

Excellent stuff! Be lovely to see you again.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Just those four little sleepies to go for the Saturday peeps.

BOING!

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfish View Post
    Now to a sorry and shamefull confession. Due to bursitis returning to my shoulder I am going to have to shoot a pcp tomorrow
    Sorry for letting the side down Tony
    How's the shoulder doing now, Pete?

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Hows the ol’ mince pies doing now Tone ?
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    Hows the ol’ mince pies doing now Tone ?
    As wee Paul enquires, have you undergone the treatment that was scheduled? If so, hope it went well and you’re feeling the benefit as soon as possible… looking forward to seeing you and you ‘seeing’ us better at the Bash.

💥Btw, I’ll be bringing with me (along with some interesting guns, funnily enuff!) a big box of various biscuits for cheese, crackers etc for sharing round the campfire… ideal for soaking up the ‘swaally’. * So I’m suggesting that peeps might want to bring along some cheese of their preference to ‘enhance the experience’ ! 😉😊

💥💥Also those of you who have a Weihrauch HW45 pistol in their possession, Mikey, Paul et al, if you bring it along, Neil and I will organise an informal competition along with another pistol contest featuring a couple of exclusive sophisticated air pistols over the weekend.💥💥

* for those you unfamiliar wi’ the terminology, ‘swaally’ is a Glesga expression for the consumption of strong alcoholic beverages. 🥴😎

Hey Pauly and Graeme,

Thank you for enquiring.

Yep, I had the first injection done last Tuesday. Not the most pleasant of experiences, but at least the really horrible bit, when they inject your eye, only lasts a few seconds. Got another four to come at four weekly intervals. And then two next year. A few hours later, once the anaesthetic has worn off, your eye hurts like hell. But I managed to sleep and felt much better the next morning.

By the middle of Wednesday afternoon, vision was getting much better. And now, a week after, I can say that it has been a resounding success. Vision improved immensely. Not quite back to "my normal" (which is crap anyway, by most standards as I'm terribly short sighted) but far, far better than when it went scarily awry the other week. Now feeling much more confident for the future and also more accepting of future treatment if it keeps working like this.

I even managed to get a quick test plink in on Sunday......only a couple of five shot groups with the Mercury at short range, but nicely one-holing now, so happy.

I'm actually pretty amazed at the effectiveness of this treatment and it's far exceeded my expectations.

I still think I'll be travelling really light and just bringing the one rifle (possibly the Mercury to get in Pete's good books!), as I don't think it'll be the bestest of ideas to overdo the shooting side of things, but so looking forward to seeing (literally!) all you lovely peeps again and whatever nice toys come along.
    Last edited by TonyL; 10-05-2022 at 03:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Hey Pauly and Graeme,

Thank you for enquiring.

Yep, I had the first injection done last Tuesday. Not the most pleasant of experiences, but at least the really horrible bit, when they inject your eye, only lasts a few seconds. Got another four to come at four weekly intervals. And then two next year. A few hours later, once the anaesthetic has worn off, your eye hurts like hell. But I managed to sleep and felt much better the next morning.

By the middle of Wednesday afternoon, vision was getting much better. And now, a week after, I can say that it has been a resounding success. Vision improved immensely. Not quite back to "my normal" (which is crap anyway, by most standards as I'm terribly short sighted) but far, far better than when it went scarily awry the other week. Now feeling much more confident for the future and also more accepting of future treatment if it keeps working like this.

I even managed to get a quick test plink in on Sunday......only a couple of five shot groups with the Mercury at short range, but nicely one-holing now, so happy.

I'm actually pretty amazed at the effectiveness of this treatment and it's far exceeded my expectations.

I still think I'll be travelling really light and just bringing the one rifle (possibly the Mercury to get in Pete's good books!), as I don't think it'll be the bestest of ideas to overdo the shooting side of things, but so looking forward to seeing (literally!) all you lovely peeps again and whatever nice toys come along.
    Great news regarding your treatment being a success :cool.
    Be seeing you soon mate.
    Atb
    Les..

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Hey Pauly and Graeme,

Thank you for enquiring.

You'll always be in my good books Tone.

Glad your eyes are improving.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in