Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Spring Bash 14th and 15th May 2022

PLAGUE is offline Nice to see you, to see you,,,,,,,Nice!!!!!!!
    Have a great weekend guys and girls - stay safe.

A big thanks to To Neil and Tina for all the effort put into making another superb weekend. We thoroughly enjoyed it (except for Emma's puncture on Friday the 13th). George has really caught the sun on his face but he says it's not sore.
    Once again, great company and some fantastic guns, I especially liked Les's Longbow, I've never shot one before and I think his has been kissed by Venom and it was absolutely sublime.
    That bucket gets more challenging every time for me but Gav was the first to master it with his .22 95 if I'm not mistaken, Pete and Emma (using her HW30) were also managing very well with the task.
    I also must thank Mike for his help over the weekend, you're a gent.
    I hope you all enjoy your curry tonight. Hopefully see you all again soon.

Kind regards and happy shooting,
    Gary.

I can only echo what Gary as said,A big thank you to Neil and Tina for another fantastic Boinger Bash :cool.
    Everyone was great company (sorry if I waffled on to much) and I got the opportunity to try some stunning guns on the range.
    Thank you Chris(Baldinio) for bringing your Kral Np02 for me to have a shoot with,I was most impressed with it.
    Thanks to Gary -Dave and Neil for for some great deals and Vale boy for the stout and pellets .
    It was great meeting up with the regulars and new attendees .And can’t wait until the next one.
    Atb
    Les

Another huge thank you Neil for giving us all a day which just couldn't be more perfect. The site, the weather, the guns and above all the people made for the sort of day that makes memories that will last forever. As always after a bash I come away inspired by the knowledge and ideas that fellow "bashers" share. It is a privilege to be amongst you, and it couldn't happen without the quiet graft of our organiser. Just so grateful.

Chippendale is offline Well stuff me, you live and learn.
    Just to reiterate what’s been said, a brilliant days outing, shooting and catching up with old and new attendees.
    Neil and Tina are stars.
    Thank you for your efforts you have made many people very happy and contented.

Melv

Chippendale. (with clothes on)

flyingfish is offline I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    Big thanks to Neil and Tina for a fantastic weekend.
    Great to see all the old faces and meet some new folks.
    Bucket was very challenging I only managed a few hits.
    Craig didn't put on his usual masterful display but he did seem slightly distracted by something.
    Can't wait for the next event
    Pete

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    I’m still there
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    I’m still there
    I wish I was but I need to catch up with I need to catch up with a few things at home and get ready for my early start tomorrow.

What a wonderful day that was yet again at the picturesque and tranquil Quigley Bottom.

Fantastic to see familiar, friendly faces once again and meet more newcomers once again.

Well, once again, someone sprung a surprise. Last time it was Pete, look no hands, who arrived and gave me a lovely bonus surprise by coming along. And he's here again this weekend with his lovely partner and the most cute & awesome Taz, the border collie dog dog.. And yesterday I finally had the pleasure of meeting Alistair, Hsing-ee, after communicating on the forum for just over the last ten years. Excellent to meet Mr RattyBuster 2240 and to see Melv return.

Spent some lovely time with some fantastic people and looking forward to more of the same today.

Nick - your rifles are simply dribble-worthy, as ever. I hope you get that little hiccup resolved quickly.

Again had the absolute pleasure of seeing and trying a brilliant selection of wonderful springery toys.

But you know the one that keeps jumping out and impressing more each time I see and use them? Yep, the fantastic little HW30S. I really did ought to use mine more often. Every time I shoot them they put a huge smile on my face. Light, easy cocking, sublime trigger, brilliant accuracy and so, so forgiving. Cheap for a HW, too. But able to deliver quality satisfaction for generations. I've said it so many times and yesterday really reinforced it once again, if you're not hunting at longer ranges or doing FT, you really don't need anything bigger / more powerful than what is this gem of a rifle.

Thank you Neil and Tina for making it happen.

See you later, peeps.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by Vernal View Post
    Another huge thank you Neil for giving us all a day which just couldn't be more perfect. The site, the weather, the guns and above all the people made for the sort of day that makes memories that will last forever. As always after a bash I come away inspired by the knowledge and ideas that fellow "bashers" share. It is a privilege to be amongst you, and it couldn't happen without the quiet graft of our organiser. Just so grateful.
    And thank you once again for gracing us with your presence, Michael. It's always lovely to see you and your finely honed toys. Your LGV continues to epitomise springer well-being and politeness. An absolute Jewel, of which you must be so proud.

And, and not wanting to sound like a stuck record.......I appreciate you're not a 10m match shooter, but please don't let that lovely 300S go. They just don't engineer and make them like that anymore. An object of engineering art, precision and beauty. Just be happy you can enjoy at home and rejoice in its finery. At that (too low) asking price I'm amazed it wasn't snapped up, but that may be a blessing in disguise and a strong hint to keep it.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfish View Post
    Big thanks to Neil and Tina for a fantastic weekend.
    Great to see all the old faces and meet some new folks.
    Bucket was very challenging I only managed a few hits.
    Craig didn't put on his usual masterful display but he did seem slightly distracted by something.
    Can't wait for the next event
    I was chortling most of the way home. Even the accident traffic I got stuck in didn't remove that, 'little old lady' from my mind...

I can only echo what's already been said. Thank you so much to the organisers and all who make it such a special weekend, I had a great day out with good friends.
    Very best, Craig
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

Bash

Big thanks to flyingfish and Craig P. For the sale of a 97k and delivery due to myself not being able to attend. Mach 1.5

Once again thanks very much indeed to Neil and Tina for all you done this weekend for us all. Another superb bash and stunning location. For those that haven’t yet attended, I can’t recommend it enough. Already looking forward to the next one!!!

Also great to see everyone again and thanks Vernal for letting me shoot your FWB 300s. (Beautiful)

It was a great weekend, there were lots of interesting guns and a great bunch of owners. I'm looking forward to the next! Thanks for organising them.

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    What a wonderful day that was yet again at the picturesque and tranquil Quigley Bottom.

Fantastic to see familiar, friendly faces once again and meet more newcomers once again.

Well, once again, someone sprung a surprise. Last time it was Pete, look no hands, who arrived and gave me a lovely bonus surprise by coming along. And he's here again this weekend with his lovely partner and the most cute & awesome Taz, the border collie dog dog.. And yesterday I finally had the pleasure of meeting Alistair, Hsing-ee, after communicating on the forum for just over the last ten years. Excellent to meet Mr RattyBuster 2240 and to see Melv return.

Spent some lovely time with some fantastic people and looking forward to more of the same today.

Nick - your rifles are simply dribble-worthy, as ever. I hope you get that little hiccup resolved quickly.

Again had the absolute pleasure of seeing and trying a brilliant selection of wonderful springery toys.

But you know the one that keeps jumping out and impressing more each time I see and use them? Yep, the fantastic little HW30S. I really did ought to use mine more often. Every time I shoot them they put a huge smile on my face. Light, easy cocking, sublime trigger, brilliant accuracy and so, so forgiving. Cheap for a HW, too. But able to deliver quality satisfaction for generations. I've said it so many times and yesterday really reinforced it once again, if you're not hunting at longer ranges or doing FT, you really don't need anything bigger / more powerful than what is this gem of a rifle.

Thank you Neil and Tina for making it happen.

See you later, peeps.
    What a joy it was to be able to attend another bash, I can't believe my luck picking up a project Stutzen for sensible money, it's always a pleasure meeting you Tone even if you force me to shoot one if those horrid HW35 things, catching up with Alistair after doing a couple of deals with him in the past was nice, as already said above, many thanks go to Neil and Tina for looking after us all and also for looking at my Excalibre for me (thank you Chris as well for the lone if the pump and advice), hopefully we are free for the next bash.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in