Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 LastLast

Thread: Spring Bash 14th and 15th May 2022

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Great to see you again, Wills. Did you actually ever stop smiling at any point?

Be lovely to see you again when you can next attend.
    I'm not sure I have

Yes I'll definitely get over to another one. I think it'll either be the autumn one or next spring, or maybe both if I'm able.

The late Sunday afternoon chill

Sorry I had to leave you lovely people earlier than usual yesterday. Due to certain home "pressures" it was deemed tactful to retire earlier to try and restore a sense of harmony chez moi. Mmmm....

I always enjoy those really chilled out and quiet last few hours sharing even more banter and chats interspersed with a few shots here and there.

As it was, I still managed a couple of shots with Terry's amazing custom stocked 80. A very fine and special looking and shooting machine.

Graeme was on top form with the funnies, as ever. Thank you for the shots with that awesome little silver 99, Graeme. I love that little thing and the silver Loopy suits it a treat. And that little Xocet was a little corker. In beautiful condition and shooting lovely. Not to forget that sweet shooting beautiful 35....... Thank you, Graeme, and take good care.

Neil......I hope you get to the bottom of the Crosman Nitro's little traits. I can't see fps variation causing that degree of issue and all the at-a-glance obvious boxes were ticked, like stock and scope fasteners. I bet it's the scope. Or drastic pellet favouritism.

Once again, thank you so much for pouring in all those hours, weeks and months of preparation, planning, commitment and hard graft to make this happen for us. I know you enjoy it yourself, and your family were enjoying it too. And the smiles on people's faces and complimentary comments must drive home what a successful recipe you've managed to get just right.

Well done for keeping The Spirit of The Boing not just alive but positively thriving.

To the next one..

BOING!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

And thank you once again for gracing us with your presence, Michael. It's always lovely to see you and your finely honed toys. Your LGV continues to epitomise springer well-being and politeness. An absolute Jewel, of which you must be so proud.

And, and not wanting to sound like a stuck record.......I appreciate you're not a 10m match shooter, but please don't let that lovely 300S go. They just don't engineer and make them like that anymore. An object of engineering art, precision and beauty. Just be happy you can enjoy at home and rejoice in its finery. At that (too low) asking price I'm amazed it wasn't snapped up, but that may be a blessing in disguise and a strong hint to keep it.
    You are not helping me Tony, here I am trying to declutter my life a bit (is it a hanging offence to call a 300S clutter?) and the last thing I need is to be reminded is how beautifully made and sweet shooting the FWB is. Perhaps I might have to keep it just a bit longer and choose another area to start thinning out . But as you said, it won't be quite so hard to part with it if I know it is going to someone nice who will use and appreciate it, so perhaps at the next Bash.

Quote Originally Posted by Vernal View Post
    You are not helping me Tony, here I am trying to declutter my life a bit (is it a hanging offence to call a 300S clutter?) and the last thing I need is to be reminded is how beautifully made and sweet shooting the FWB is. Perhaps I might have to keep it just a bit longer and choose another area to start thinning out . But as you said, it won't be quite so hard to part with it if I know it is going to someone nice who will use and appreciate it, so perhaps at the next Bash.
    Hi Michael
    Your Fwb 300s is a fantastic rifle,and I thoroughly enjoyed having a shoot with it on the Bell target.
    If I didn’t already have one,I would have been taking your one home with me ldwink.
    Atb
    Les..

look no hands is online now Even better looking than a HW35
    Sorry all, I've not mentioned all the other people who I met over the weekend, Les it was a pleasure to chat with you again and hopefully I will have sorted the Longbow scope problem by the next bash, also thanks go to the other Pete, Emma, Gav, both Alistairs, Terry for the chance to add the Stutzen to my collection, Neil and Chris for looking at my Excalibre, Mike and Dave for keeping me company on the range on Friday night and to Nick for hopefully machining my piston for me, the others I've either forgotten your names or forgot to ask it, it's an age thing.

Pete
    Last edited by look no hands; 16-05-2022 at 11:10 AM.
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Quote Originally Posted by les allam View Post
    Hi Michael
    Your Fwb 300s is a fantastic rifle,and I thoroughly enjoyed having a shoot with it on the Bell target.
    If I didn’t already have one,I would have been taking your one home with me ldwink.
    Atb
    Les..
    Nice of you to say so Les, I just need to get it properly rezeroed after refitting the dioptres.
    Atb
    Michael

Thanks to everyone who had a hand in organising a thoroughly enjoyable event, really enjoyed catching up with people, and having a relaxing plink, a brilliant day.

Nice of you to say so Les, I just need to get it properly rezeroed after refitting the dioptres.
    Atb
    Michael
    I think it just needs adjusting up a bit,I rang the bell once with it,but that was probably a lucky shot ldgrin.
    I will bring my one to the next Bash,it needs a bit of a work out.
    Atb
    Les..

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    Sorry all, I've not mentioned all the other people who I met over the weekend, Les it was a pleasure to chat with you again and hopefully I will have sorted the Longbow scope problem by the next bash, also thanks go to the other Pete, Emma, Gav, both Alistairs, Terry for the chance to add the Stutzen to my collection, Neil and Chris for looking at my Excalibre, Mike and Dave for keeping me company on the range on Friday night and to Nick for hopefully machining my piston for me, the others I've either forgotten your names or forgot to ask it, it's an age thing.

Pete
    The pleasure was all mine mate.
    Your Longbow is indeed a lovely example,and I hope you get the scope sorted ldwink.
    The Bushnell Legends are usually bullet proof.
    As you have mentioned,everyone is up for a chat and most helpful in giving advice and knowledge.
    Atb
    Les..

Always happy to help, sir.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by les allam View Post
    Hi Michael
    Atb
    Les..
    Definitely one that's hard to resist isn't it, Les? Even when you have one / don't NEED any more / have run out of space. Only lack of available funds stopped that coming home with me, but I do hope Michael keeps it now.
    Thank you for bringing your lovely toys once again, Les. And that awesome AA / CZ prototype is always a stand-out for me.

The Sleepometer is stripped and cleaned. Just needs building back up and recalibrating for the next countdown.

Testing, testing.......60 sleeps to go.

Sorry, Pauly, it's that close we're not going to see your magic number.

Hang on a mo'.......twiddle, twiddle and sorted.......69 to go!

Oh yes, I saw a little car yesterday with the registration number - - 69 OMG.. Really. Sorry, I forgot the first two characters.

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How

Oh yes, I saw a little car yesterday with the registration number - - 69 OMG.. Really. Sorry, I forgot the first two characters.
    Ha ha. Cheers Tone. The Triumph Speed Twin I’m thinking of buying is a 69 plate . And, when I filled my car with diesel to travel to The Bash on Friday, the pump cut out at £69.69:.
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

flyingfish is online now I may only have 5 but I have the best 5

The 2 characters would have been Paul and.....
    Pete