Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2230313233 LastLast

Thread: Spring Bash 14th and 15th May 2022

Thanks for a great bash everyone, especially to Neil for arranging it, really appreciate all the hard work you put into running the event.
    Was great to catch up with everyone, shoot some delightful guns too. The camping location was amazing around the lake, as was the first time I'd camped there, plus we dropped on some awesome weather again.

Rocket Ronster thoroughly enjoyed himself, you lot have inspired him with lots of stuff outdoors to do. Such as I saw him hot spooning his Altbergs yesterday, and then caught him looking up skinning rabbits on YouTube.

We are both really looking forward to the next event in July.

Dam it, I've just bought an HW97k now, see you again in July.

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by ratbuster2240 View Post
    Dam it, I've just bought an HW97k now, see you again in July.
    You're just too gullible, stay away from that Tony bloke

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Haha now you warn me.

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    You're just too gullible, stay away from that Tony bloke

Pete

flyingfish is offline I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    What you really need is a TX200...or 2..
    Pete

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by flyingfish View Post
    What you really need is a TX200...or 2..
    Or even a Prosport

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    Ha ha. Cheers Tone. The Triumph Speed Twin I’m thinking of buying is a 69 plate . And, when I filled my car with diesel to travel to The Bash on Friday, the pump cut out at Ł69.69:.
    I think your stars must be aligning and you're going to be in for some special times, Pauly.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Hee, hee, hee! Nice tries Pete and Pete, but too late.

Nice one Mr RattyBuster and we look forward to seeing you in July.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by Guns n Hoses View Post
    Thanks for a great bash everyone, especially to Neil for arranging it, really appreciate all the hard work you put into running the event.
    Was great to catch up with everyone, shoot some delightful guns too. The camping location was amazing around the lake, as was the first time I'd camped there, plus we dropped on some awesome weather again.

Rocket Ronster thoroughly enjoyed himself, you lot have inspired him with lots of stuff outdoors to do. Such as I saw him hot spooning his Altbergs yesterday, and then caught him looking up skinning rabbits on YouTube.

We are both really looking forward to the next event in July.
    Absolutely wonderful to see you both again and so nice to hear of Ronnie's growing interest in the great outdoors. Look forward to seeing you again soon.

Smile And The Sleepometer says

Quote Originally Posted by GrandadG View Post

Just 59 to go, peeps.

This one's going to be on us in super-quick time.

BOING!

Huge thank you to Neil and Tina for all your efforts and helping me out and various others who contributed to a fantastic Bash weekend.

Great to meet up with some of the ‘old regulars’ and meet the newcomers as well.

Many thanks also to Les for collecting a couple of crackin’ rifles on his way up on Thursday… to Tony L for the go on his Mercury and the tin of pellets and also to James Ratbuster giving me a hand in assembling my tent as it was obviously designed by a committee and needs a committee to put the Ph..ker up!
    In addition I’m very appreciative of Alistair (Hssssssingee) for providing the transport and doing a ‘Sterling’ job… pun intended.

Hopefully the next time I manage down which may be September I’ll be in better nick as my knee injury made me feel knackered with a capital ‘F’!

The ‘Quigley Bottom’ venue is utterly glorious and serene… what a location!!
    If anyone has been contemplating a trip to the Bash then I urge them to give it a go and get ‘ Basherooneyed’……
    ”You know it makes sense!”

Awrabest,
    Graeme ��
    Last edited by VALE BOY; 18-05-2022 at 04:01 PM.

I take my hat off to you Graeme. With a bad knee you travelled a long way and camped out for several nights, yet you were still making everyone laugh. I did need a lie down after putting up that tent, it was roasting.

I really like that boxed Benjamin/Sterling, theres probably not many of them around.

Thanks for your words of appreciation James and I’m pleased that you like the Sterling…. It is indeed a lovely piece of engineering and unusually for an HR 81 it’s got a lovely walnut stock.. it’s just a pity it wasn’t manufactured a few years earlier before the ‘PCP explosion’, and maybe there’d be more of them about. 😎

Quote Originally Posted by VALE BOY View Post
    Huge thank you to Neil and Tina for all your efforts and helping me out and various others who contributed to a fantastic Bash weekend.

Great to meet up with some of the ‘old regulars’ and meet the newcomers as well.

Many thanks also to Les for collecting a couple of crackin’ rifles on his way up on Thursday… to Tony L for the go on his Mercury and the tin of pellets and also to James Ratbuster giving me a hand in assembling my tent as it was obviously designed by a committee and needs a committee to put the Ph..ker up!
    In addition I’m very appreciative of Alistair (Hssssssingee) for providing the transport and doing a ‘Sterling’ job… pun intended.

Hopefully the next time I manage down which may be September I’ll be in better nick as my knee injury made me feel knackered with a capital ‘F’!

The ‘Quigley Bottom’ venue is utterly glorious and serene… what a location!!
    If anyone has been contemplating a trip to the Bash then I urge them to give it a go and get ‘ Basherooneyed’……
    ”You know it makes sense!”

Awrabest,
    Graeme ��
    Very, very nicely put, Graeme.

I'll say it again, it was an absolute pleasure to spend time with you again and thank you for letting me try that lovely 35 and Xocet and your beautiful "Loopy shod" HW50 again. As Mr Ratty Buster says, you're always full of entertaining joviality despite your woes which you disguise so well.