Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Spring Bash 14th and 15th May 2022

I'd love to go but.....

Lost my licences for medical reasons last week, and stand more chance of persuading Mrs Clipper to join me and Kiera Knightley for a long debauched weekend as I do getting her to drive up to Leicester!

Even more annoying I have a camper van sat idle that I can't drive any more!!

Anybody travelling up from Hampshire that has space for me, a selection of air weapons and a teeny tiny tent? Or anyone wants to go, has a licence (Cat B, camper is a converted 3.5t VW LT35) and would be prepared to drive?

Last ditch option anyone travelling up from Hampshire that would transport my air weapons and camping stuff and I'll take a train
    TX200 .177 21mm TL | TX200HC .22 22mm TL | Prosport .22 22mm TL
    HW40 | HW45 | Diana Mod5 | Webley Senior....... Because PCP is like kissing your sister (apparently)

flyingfish is offline I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    A harder day's shooting today. Still got some time in with the. 22 mk1. Lovely gun to shoot
    Pete

The Tx is now back together with genuine AA parts so it'll be getting a quick test tomorrow before the Bash, in 9 very long weeks time.

Quote Originally Posted by clipper View Post
    I'd love to go but.....

Lost my licences for medical reasons last week, and stand more chance of persuading Mrs Clipper to join me and Kiera Knightley for a long debauched weekend as I do getting her to drive up to Leicester!

Even more annoying I have a camper van sat idle that I can't drive any more!!

Anybody travelling up from Hampshire that has space for me, a selection of air weapons and a teeny tiny tent? Or anyone wants to go, has a licence (Cat B, camper is a converted 3.5t VW LT35) and would be prepared to drive?

Last ditch option anyone travelling up from Hampshire that would transport my air weapons and camping stuff and I'll take a train
    Really sorry to hear this as I know how much you really wanted to join us.
    The BBS is a wonderful place with some very special people on here; I'll keep my fingers and everything else crossed for you for a happy outcome.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfish View Post
    A harder day's shooting today. Still got some time in with the. 22 mk1. Lovely gun to shoot
    Lovely stuff, Pete.

I've not even managed to pick a rifle up since before Christmas.....first the Covid thing, then my dad fell through the ceiling having gone up into his loft necessitating loads of hospital visits and the usual associated extra running around etc (since the start of Covid we've been doing their shopping and taking them to doctors' and hospital appointments) and then, this week my mum fell over. Broken hip bone. Had the operation Friday and expected to be in hospital for at least ten days and I'll be running my dad back and forth (40 miles round trip). All upsetting and, obviously, eating into time.

I WILL get that bloody Mercury fettled and, hopefully, get some plinks in soon. I'll be the rustiest I've ever been and we all know the therapeutic benefits of a good plink.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by gtfreight View Post
    The Tx is now back together with genuine AA parts so it'll be getting a quick test tomorrow before the Bash, in 9 very long weeks time.
    Nicely done, Gary. I hope the results are pleasing, sir.

Just dipping under the nine weeks barrier now.......62 to go.

BOING!

I spoke with Adam (Monkey!) from Lincoln yesterday. He visited on the Sunday of the last Bash. He should be along on the Sunday, together with his work colleague, Steff, with their 99s.

Also spoke with Dave. Another 99 owner who came to the last Bash at The Hollow. He's hoping to come along and bring along his mate, Phil.

Message left with Gary from Lincoln with the recently mentioned Brummy Stingray; fingers crossed.

flyingfish is offline I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    I have told 2 newer members (Peter and Paul) at Lea Valley about the Bash . They are interested in joining us and I know John and Tom are keen to return.
    I am meeting up with Ted at Kempton Park next Sunday so hopefully he won't need much persuading.
    Keep spreading the word folks
    Pete

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Lovely stuff, Pete.

I've not even managed to pick a rifle up since before Christmas.....first the Covid thing, then my dad fell through the ceiling having gone up into his loft necessitating loads of hospital visits and the usual associated extra running around etc (since the start of Covid we've been doing their shopping and taking them to doctors' and hospital appointments) and then, this week my mum fell over. Broken hip bone. Had the operation Friday and expected to be in hospital for at least ten days and I'll be running my dad back and forth (40 miles round trip). All upsetting and, obviously, eating into time.

I WILL get that bloody Mercury fettled and, hopefully, get some plinks in soon. I'll be the rustiest I've ever been and we all know the therapeutic benefits of a good plink.
    Shit Tone ! Sorry to hear about all that matey, you must be worn out
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfish View Post
    I have told 2 newer members (Peter and Paul) at Lea Valley about the Bash . They are interested in joining us and I know John and Tom are keen to return.
    I am meeting up with Ted at Kempton Park next Sunday so hopefully he won't need much persuading.
    Keep spreading the word folks
    Absolutely, and well done yourself, Pete.

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    Cheers, Pauly. Not ideal, for sure. I suppose many of us have it / have had it / have it to come. And caring for his mum was the reason I heard for us not hearing from our lovely Phil, Rickenbacker, for such a long time. I do hope he's okay. One of the very nicest people one could wish to find and I do miss him.

At home, we've also got our 16 year old who still has his chronic fatigue and dizziness (been going on for nigh-on four years now) which has entailed much upset and many hospital visits over the years (many less than helpful), although there is hopefully a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel as regards diagnosis. This has put a hell of a lot of strain on Mrs L in recent years so, as well as spare time being rare, I often feel guilty even thinking about doing things you enjoy when she's flat-out with all of that all the time.

Anyways.....onwards and upwards, matey. You okay?

Lightbulb Sleepometer says

61 to go, peeps.

BOING!

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    And, it must be said, Pauly, it makes you really appreciate the Brotherhood of The BBS, especially our special little Boingery Corner. So even when I can't enjoy the therapeutic qualities of a good plink or tinker, I know I can jump in here, amongst ace people, and all seems much better in the World.

Could you please put me down for the Saturday Neil. I have made a transfer, but managed to make a mess of it and only paid £12. I'll give you the 50p on the day if that's OK.

Nice one, Michael. Be great to see you again.