Thread: HW45 rear sight question ...

HW45 rear sight question ...

Is an original solid rear sight a straight swap for the newer style fibre optic rear sight ?

Yes I believe that's the case.
    My mate swapped his rear sight on his HW44 to an HW45 fibre optic - so I think they're all interchangeable across the pistols

I changed my original metal only rear sight for a fiber optic rear sight from Chambers about three years ago. It fitted straight onto the same screw. I had no problems except that for my eyes it didn't make enough difference and I finished up with a red dot sight that has a rheostat.

They did the bare minimum work to fit fibre optic sights to the HW45, if you look at the sights all they did was drill a couple of holes in the rear sight for the loop of fibre and at the front they drilled through and machined out the centre section.
    If a chap / chapette were feeling particularly brave it wouldn't be much work to do the mods and fit the fibres.

Thanks for the replies, i actually want to replace a fibreoptic with the older solid style, i will stick a WTB in the classifieds.

I had an HW45 many years ago with then newly introduced fibre optic foresight. I removed the “light gathering” element and pressed in a suitable offcut of steel nail painted black….I thought of it as “darkness gathering” ….

I always disliked the fibre sights and would only buy older HW45s.
    These days I find the fibre sights are becoming increasingly useful as my eyes age.