Thread: Scope choice.

Scope choice.

Hi all,

I'm in the market for a S/Hand scope and have been offered the following all for roughly the same money give or take a little. Can I ask your thoughts please?.

I know little of the Element and can't find much on the Weaver?

It will be going on a 22-250 shooting 55Gr. Trajectory wise it's a pretty flat round so I'm not even sure I need all the target turrets etc. Zero at 200yds and it's +1" at 100 and only drops 3.5" at 300yds.

I definitely need side focus as I'm looking at a front NV add on. I may also look at a Pard rear add on so, does anyone know if the scopes will be OK?

Element Optics Helix 6-24x50 SFP EHR-1C MOA

Nikko Stirling Diamond FFP 30mm 6-24x50 SF Etched Glass Half Mil Dot NATO Rifle Scope

Weaver European series 5-25x56 ir 30mm tube mil rad reticle 1/2 mil adjustment SFP

Thanks in advance.

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    I've not heard of the Weaver, but the Elements are supposed to be decent, but I don't think they will be as good as the Nikko Diamond as they are good for the money, so all things considered, that's where I'd put my money
    Making a mockery of growing old gracefully since I retired

There's an element for sale in optics, personally never tried any of those listed.

Have you tried them to see what your eye likes and what the ret's are like.

You have a mix of MOA/Mrad/mil-dot which do you prefer working in/with?

are you sure you need all that mag? just because the rifle 'can' shoot that far doesn't mean you need to, or ever will.

A front NV should be OK, but not so sure about a Pard on the back, definitely need more IR.

Scopes are the most 'personal to the shooter' item there is because all eyes are different,

YOU need to try each one to see what YOUR eye likes.

hi i have a big nikko 10x50x60 mil dot bought from new with box £400 pickup preston with mounts

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    There's an element for sale in optics, personally never tried any of those listed.

Have you tried them to see what your eye likes and what the ret's are like.

You have a mix of MOA/Mrad/mil-dot which do you prefer working in/with?

are you sure you need all that mag? just because the rifle 'can' shoot that far doesn't mean you need to, or ever will.

A front NV should be OK, but not so sure about a Pard on the back, definitely need more IR.

Scopes are the most 'personal to the shooter' item there is because all eyes are different,

YOU need to try each one to see what YOUR eye likes.
    Thank you for your comments. Unfortunately, you don't have the luxury of trying and comparing when buying second hand.

Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by kevin j View Post
    hi i have a big nikko 10x50x60 mil dot bought from new with box £400 pickup preston with mounts
    Too powerful for hunting I'm afraid. And, double my budget!!

Cheers anyway.
    Last edited by wayne 128; 17-03-2022 at 08:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wayne 128 View Post
    Thank you for your comments. Unfortunately, you don't have the luxury of trying and comparing when buying second hand.

Thanks again.
    Strangely I've managed to,
    it doesn't need to be the actual item but one of the same type, be it at a club or a shop.
    Otherwise you risk wasting your dosh on something that you hate from the off,

But it's your money to take the chance with, hope it works out.