Thread: .44 mag brass cases wanted

.44 mag brass cases wanted

Not sure if this is the right place to post this:

I’m very new to reloading so I don’t know if there’s any particular brand I should be looking for.

If anyone has any brass, fired or new, please pm me.

Regards,
    Danny
    Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22/BRNO Model 2/Remington 597/Buckmark/Marlin.44

Quote Originally Posted by DannyT View Post
    Not sure if this is the right place to post this:

I’m very new to reloading so I don’t know if there’s any particular brand I should be looking for.

If anyone has any brass, fired or new, please pm me.

Regards,
    Danny
    PM TALL on here, he's usually got a fair bit for sale.

FWIW my 44 mag brass is all mixed head stamp, some of it is ancient (Howitzer) on lord knows how many firings, never seems to have hurt anything.

Quote Originally Posted by zanes View Post
    PM TALL on here, he's usually got a fair bit for sale.

FWIW my 44 mag brass is all mixed head stamp, some of it is ancient (Howitzer) on lord knows how many firings, never seems to have hurt anything.
    Thanks for the info, I’ll send a pm.

So am I right in thinking that.44 mag brass doesn’t require trimming, the way that rifle brass does? Because they’re under a lot less pressure?

Thanks.

So am I right in thinking that.44 mag brass doesn’t require trimming, the way that rifle brass does? Because they’re under a lot less pressure?

Thanks.
    I've found they don't "grow/stretch" to any measurable amount, so I don't regularly trim pistol brass.

However, if you want a consistent roll crimp you'll need consistent case length so you may need to do an inital trim if you have different batches of brass. You'll see the issue if you have it as you'll get varying amounts of crimp.

Quote Originally Posted by zanes View Post
    I've found they don't "grow/stretch" to any measurable amount, so I don't regularly trim pistol brass.

However, if you want a consistent roll crimp you'll need consistent case length so you may need to do an inital trim if you have different batches of brass. You'll see the issue if you have it as you'll get varying amounts of crimp.
    Okay thanks.

If you're still looking for 44 brass drop me a PM, I have about 1000 magnum and the same again of Spl available.

I acquired these to replace my old brass but so far haven't needed to. The Spl stuff is once fired and the Magnum is once or more, I can't say for sure. What I can say is that after many years (25+) of reloading the same cases they haven't needed replacing because they have been worn out after dozens of firings - replaced because I've lost some in the grass is another matter.
    Good deals with: Muskett, Dreben, roger.kerry, TALL, Helidave1, Chelseablue, Leeroy7031, Mousemann, pnuk, Practical, NEWFI, HOOGS, Webb22, lazybones1416 and deanw5262 among others. Thanks Guys.

Quote Originally Posted by sarge4318 View Post
    If you're still looking for 44 brass drop me a PM, I have about 1000 magnum and the same again of Spl available.

I acquired these to replace my old brass but so far haven't needed to. The Spl stuff is once fired and the Magnum is once or more, I can't say for sure. What I can say is that after many years (25+) of reloading the same cases they haven't needed replacing because they have been worn out after dozens of firings - replaced because I've lost some in the grass is another matter.
    Hi Matt,

Thanks for letting me know. Think I’m sorted for now, but if I need more I’ll drop you a pm.

Cheers,
    Danny.

Thanks.
    I'll resize and then trim brass that is new to me (brand new, or more usually acquired used), but then I don't bother trimming again.
    Some of the cases in my collection are god knows how old and probably should be retired.... but I use such a low pressure loading for the most part, it puts very little stress on the cases. (5.2gr Titegroup behind a powder coated cast Lee 200gr RNFP; If I want a full magnum load, I just drop in double the charge 10.4gr - max is 10.8gr, but that's not as accurate and sometimes I have trouble getting them out of the cylinder of my S&W629, no issues with my rifles) These cases don't need trimming (5.2gr load)