Sussex Interclub 2022 Round 1 (Ford)

Our first round for a couple of years was extremely well hosted by our friends at Ford HFT (SHOTS ranges).

Big thanks to everyone involved. I’m sure I will forget to mention someone, but personal and special thanks from me to Paul Charman for agreeing to assist with both booking in and the end-of-comp admin, transferring card scores over to the spreadsheet. Also to Howard Kalish for conducting the pre-shoot course check and again to Howard and to Derek Watson who let me rope them in at the last minute to don marshal vests.

I’m sure I saw Facebook comments about there being no forecast wind at Ford today. There is always wind. But otherwise a great day, with not too much of the above and NO RAIN; almost Spring/Summer-like.

Top top shooting by Neil P, who was only one down as he approached his final peg. Lane 6 I think, across the concrete and through a gap in the hedgeline. It was that which he was really annoyed about. Wind again, Neil, or was it no wind? Still, you made Paul C a happy chap as, without that, he would not have achieved his dream gold badge.
I had to spend a bit more time at home going over the score cards before posting the results you see below. I found one card which had been omitted completely – a new Junior contestant from today’s home club – Ford. His score has brought about a change to the team results, lifting Ford’s total by 5 points and meaning that there is a switch of today’s team placings. See below. My apologies to Derek.
As today saw many many new competitors join the SIHFT and enter a comp for the first time, I have been lenient on score card completion. There were quite a lot which had sections left blank or incomplete. If you are unsure what e.g “IR” is or what to put in the “scope and magnification” or the “Parallax” boxes, please ask ahead of the next SIHFT round. I was more than happy to provide a 1-2-1 session for our new Junior today after the shoot to guide him on these matters. However, it was not exclusively new people who left bits out or failed to get their card’s “Witness” box signed off.
Anyway …. Here are the results. The only column perhaps not recognised from its heading is the last one – the “T”. This denotes that this person’s score has been included in their club team result.

Firstname Surname Club Class Score % Badge T(eam)
Neil Palmer Throckmorton O 58 100.0% Gold
Mike Burgess Oaks V 57 98.3% G T
Kevin Hills Buxted O 56 96.6% G T
Nick Orr Oaks O 56 96.6% G T
Jon Dally Bisley O 55 94.8% G
Howard Kalisch Buxted O 55 94.8% G T
Mark Rackley Oaks V 55 94.8% G T
Paul Somerville Meon Valley O 55 94.8% G T
Daryl Bundock Oaks O 54 93.1% G T
Jon Newton-May Buxted O 54 93.1% G T
Steb Martinez Ford O 53 91.4% Silver T
Maciek Pajek Horsham O 53 91.4% S T
Mike Seagrave Meon Valley O 53 91.4% S T
Nigel Buchan Buxted V 52 89.7% G T
Graeme Cargan Oaks O 52 89.7% S T
Ewan Hobbs Iden Fern O 52 89.7% S
Phil Moody Horsham V 51 87.9% G T
Mick White Meon Valley O 51 87.9% S T
Owen Wilson MAD R 51 87.9% G
Kevin Clark MAD R 50 86.2% G
Matthew Franks Oaks .22 50 86.2% G
Aaron Friend Oaks O 50 86.2% S
Gary Channing Buxted O 49 84.5% S
Paul Charman Buxted .22 49 84.5% G T
Nicholas Franklin Tropicano O 49 84.5% S
John Knapman Ford O 49 84.5% S T
Roy Pearce MAD V 49 84.5% G
Philip Rodgers Meon Valley O 49 84.5% S T
Kevin Wickson Buxted O 49 84.5% S
Nick Byrne Meon Valley .22 48 82.8% S T
Steve Light Buxted O 48 82.8% Bronze
Barbara Pearce MAD L 48 82.8% S
Chris Theodoulou Theydon O 48 82.8% B
David Henderson Meon Valley V 47 81.0% S
Grant Laurie Ford J 47 81.0% S T
Justin Roberts Ford O 47 81.0% B T
Alicia Franks Oaks L 46 79.3% S
Neil Parrott Meon Valley O 46 79.3% B
Pete Vidler Meon Valley O 46 79.3% B
Richard Wheeler Ford O 46 79.3% B T
Jo Garlick Oaks L 45 77.6% S
Gerry Strydon Ford O 42 72.4%
David Wheeler Ford O 42 72.4%
Derek Watson Horsham R 40 69.0% B T
Jo Bluer Meon Valley L 38 65.5% B
Redders Bluer Meon Valley .22 37 63.8%
Bob Doel Meon Valley V 35 60.3%
Richard Wickenden Ford R 34 58.6%
Mark Hannan Oaks O 29 50.0%
Greet Hopper Ford L 28 48.3%
Nigel Gosling Visitor V 0 0
Tom Haynes Oaks R 0 0

Tom Haynes card was handed in and clearly marked as Did Not Finish, but I could not find a card for Nigel Gosling. Any ideas? Anyone?
For the club team, as Horsham had only 3 members present, 2 cards were drawn at random and included as long as the card drawn did not belong to someone whose score had already been counted for their own club.

And the team results are:
Club Round 1 Points won
Oaks 274 12
Buxted 266 11
Meon Valley 256 10
Ford 242 9
Horsham 239 8

Today’s draw winners were:
£50 – Kevin Wickson
AA Goody Bag – Alicia Franks (as soon as I can get to AA to pick our stock up)

If you spot any errors in this post – have I spelt your name correctly? Do I have you down for the correct club? – please drop me a line (BBS message of via email through my BBS profile).

See you all again in 5 weeks’ time when we meet up at Mile Oak on the 15th May. For some, I expect I’ll see you at Mile Oak next Sunday, or at Meon for round 1 of this year’s UKAHFT on the 24th April, or even (for the travellers among you) ooop north at the Masters HFT in Harrogate on the 8th May.

Yup, HFT is in full flow in 2022. And long may it be so; what else would we do with our weekends.

Biggles