I highly rate the Brummie BSA's. I remember the days when I had a Supersport SS Carbine in .25cal. So regret letting it go, but it was either that or passing a chance to own a Theoben Sirocco 2000 in .20cal.

20 years later, I currently own 5 Supersports and earlier this week, took delivery of my first Brummie Lightning Mk1. From the off, it handled very well. The shortie size is very handy and is lightweight.

I have many Weihrauchs but I still have a soft spot for the Brummie Supersport and it's derivatives. They are much easier to handle and do an equal job for what I need it to do. Try carry a hw97kt around a farm for 4 hours and tells me you enjoyed the company!

I much prefer the 'Brummie' versions for size, build quality and for the market it was originally pitched at. Don't talk to me about about those produced under Gamo management. Gamo has lost it's way and departed from the original concept. Bigger, heavier, and shoddy quality do not make a good gun. Mine shot so badly I couldn't muster the enthusiasm to waste time fettling or use my Molly paste. I also had the Gamo Lightning XLSE in both springer and the GRT. The XLSE stayed only for a few months (a very pretty rifle but couldn't deliver). The GRT was the only gun I've ever owned that broke a scope in all my years of shooting. I only kept it because I like rammers.

In short, I do not rate the Gamo range of springers. Stick to the Brummie range. The Supersport and Lightning are exceptional for the price. Well worth owning a sorted out version.