Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BSA Lightning (Brum)

BSA Lightning (Brum)

I hope everyone is enjoying the long weekend and sunshine.

My dear mother bought me this BSA Lightning for my birthday 20 years ago. It's had a hell of a lot of use but it's not required anything other than 2 or 3 breech seals in that time.

It's been very accurate, but I'm not suprised because the last time I chronographed it, it was only doing 9 ft-lbs.

I would like to send it for a service and keep it working for atleast another 20 years. Are there any Supersport/Lightning experts that
    come recommended?

Thank you.

I would love one of these,I bought a new XL and it was horrible.
    HW 77K .22,Gammo Hornet .22 BSA 3-9 x 50 Night light ,HW 40 .177,Gamo Maxxim Elite .22 multi shot, Beeman P17 .177 red dot sight ,SMK CP2 co2 with Hawk 3-9 x 50.Slingshots PPMG+TTF PPMG mk 2 ott PPMG ott Original custom made solid Bronze, Number 15 of 20

I'd suggest lyn lewington (Venoman on here)
    B.A.S.C. member

Won't go wrong sending it to Lyn, I've shot some rifles he's worked on and had a few bits of him, very good quality and a nice bloke to boot.

Another thumbs up for Lyn. Plus Simon @ The Airgun Doctor.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Another thumbs up for Lyn. Plus Simon @ The Airgun Doctor.
    I would agree that both Lyn and Simon are great guys, both were approved and did work in conjunction with Steve Pope (RIP)

Cheers Steve

Thank you everyone I will contact Lyn and I'll let you know how it goes, that's if he can do it.

Happy Easter.

I've always been very happy with this lightning it feels well made but I don't expect Weihrauch performance from it.

Quote Originally Posted by jjjohn View Post

I Like them have around 6 Including the custom lightning, ss carbine and so on.

Daryl

Quote Originally Posted by ratbuster2240 View Post
    I've always been very happy with this lightning it feels well made but I don't expect Weihrauch performance from it.
    That depends how you define “Weihrauch performance”. I own several HW’s but when I’m leaving the house to go to a shoot 90% of the time I’ll pick up my mk1 Lightning .177 or my Supersport .25, depending on the quarry.

If I ranked my guns by how much time they’ve seen in the field the HW’s couldn’t hold a candle to my BSA’s, so if I’d rather pick up an old BSA I’m not sure what that says about Weihrauchs superiority.

The original Lightning is a great gun. Don’t think less of it for not wearing a HW badge!

Cheers
    Greg

It's nice to hear someone standing up for the little lightning Greg, it's such a handy size and weight.
    I don't know anything about the later Spanish ones but I have no complaints with my mk1 in 20 years.

Nice collection Muzzle, have you done much to them?

Quote Originally Posted by muzzle View Post
    I Like them have around 6 Including the custom lightning, ss carbine and so on.

Daryl

Quote Originally Posted by jjjohn View Post
    I have tune the Gamo Lightening less cocking effort less recoil much nicer gun to use .
    Trying to get someone to do some reviews on youtube or facebook of my tuned rifles.
    .22 Venom Mach 1 (FAC) 6-25x56 Millett.
    .22 Venom Mach 2 Thumbhole 6.5-20x40 Leupold EFR.
    .22 Venom Mach 2 Sporter 4-12x40 Leupold.
    .177 Venom Vantage 4-16x50.
    .177 Venom Daystate 8-32x56 AGS.
    .22 Venom Datstate 4-16x56 AGS.
    .22 Webley Venom FX2000 6-18x40 Busnel Legend.
    .177 Titan MPT by Steve Pope 6-24x40 Tasco.
    .177 Pro-Sport 4-16x50.
    .22 Webley FX2000 3-9x33 Leupold EFR.
    .177 Logan Solo 4-16x50.
    .22 HW90 (spring powered) 4-16x50
    .22 Gamo Stutzen.
    .177 Walther lever action.

I have 4 currently 177 and 25 standard a 177 xl all three are great and a grt gamo gas ram.. I like the stock and the lock time but that gamo trigger...

Tony Wall at Sandwell field sports did my superstars and tin bum tbt tuning does ship and return plus you couod get one of his kits fitted.

Great guns.. As they are what an airgun should be simple and effective IMHO.
    Ex- Field airgun fella @ www.hprpc.co.uk

Thanks for that, I posted it to Lyn Lewington last week and I'll let you know how it goes. His prices seem very reasonable and parcel force 48 is now only £9!

I completely agree, I was getting tight groups with it in standard form.

Quote Originally Posted by scgevans View Post
    I have 4 currently 177 and 25 standard a 177 xl all three are great and a grt gamo gas ram.. I like the stock and the lock time but that gamo trigger...

Tony Wall at Sandwell field sports did my superstars and tin bum tbt tuning does ship and return plus you couod get one of his kits fitted.

Great guns.. As they are what an airgun should be simple and effective IMHO.