Thread: SSP Pistols what choices nowadays?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Great post thanks!

Just my 2p… from the SSP clan I’ve had the HW40, HW75, beeman copy, fWB103 and IZH46M

The 40 is fantastic and a real nice pistol - one of my favourites too

The 75, whilst built from metal and wood and oozes class I’ve owned a few and
    1) they’re slightly less powerful than the 40
    2) they are easier to cock in part due to the longer wider top lever but also #1
    3) I’ve never found them as accurate as the 40 and I pellet test thoroughly

Beeman - great entry pistol but yes I agree I prefer the pedigree of the 40

FWB103, the holy grail for many - I owned along side my IZH but in truth I preferred the IZH so sold the 103

IZH46M- one of THE BEST entry 10m pistols you can get hands down. I shot a lot last year and got a PB of 575 with my IZ. So easy to cock and use…

BUT, the IZ is a match pistol and not one you can 2 hand hold/red dot/rest etc

I’ve not really used my IZ in a while - tiny plink the other week.

Today I was with my son using the HW40 and red dot to smash plaster Lego men and ink in the garden - absolute blast! Yes I’d make a few tweaks in an ideal world longer trigger reach mainly) but you simply can fault it.

I too have been toying with getting something else… I’d like something with a bit more grunt to use 25yards (not essential though) and tbh there isn’t anything… probably only the Webley Alecto/HP01 or whatever it is called. This is still being made and offers full power, but without using one they just look chunky and still have ‘anatomical grips’ making 2 handed shooting difficult…

Watching with interest

One other consideration is a multi pump - like the crosman 1377. 3 quick pumps gives similar power to an HW40, 6 with be around a match pistol and 10 full power… cheap, loads of mods too
    Last edited by Reevo17; 18-04-2022 at 05:47 PM.