Quote Originally Posted by AC all day View Post
Reevo17.... There is a big aftermarket business in the states, Grips, scope mounts and power modes, personally I have just got nice anatomical laminate grips (from US) and a MEC trigger blade.... I also sold a FWB P30 because I prefer my Izzy
Was going to mention has anyone done much modding stuff to the SSP pistols.

Looks like good options and fun for the Izzy I must try one

Quote Originally Posted by JD75 View Post
Just put my Daisy 717 over the chrono it's doing 2.4ft/lb with H&N Econ II pellets.

I think it will be down to what pistol you can find.

Don't know if the 717 is still imported and I can't see any new IZH's coming in from Russia anytime soon.

That leaves you with Gamo, P17 or HW40.

If you can I would get the HW40 over P17(or whatever badge the put on it) as it's a much nicer finished pistol.

Then again after owning a HW40 might pick up a clone myself to see if the have got any better.
Cheers JD,

Yes as been said and experienced the HW40 is hard to beat when comparing tick boxes

Nothing wrong with the clones either they certainly serve a purpose and in my experience I just prefer the better fit and finish with the pukka HW40

At onetime I had a couple of SSP’s clones in stock where I could directly compare them side by side against my HW40 which confirmed my thoughts.