Thread: Load data HELP

Load data HELP

Hi all looking for help with a load data !

222 Rem
    Cci primer , Winchester brass , Hornady varmint 222cal 55gr SP Sx and alliant reloaded 10x
    Tried talking to alliant they stated talking to Hornady they stated looking in 11th or 12th edition there manual !can anyone help

Download "Gordons reloading tool", this will give you safe loads and quite accurate velocities, if you do try someone else's load, reduce the powder by 10% and work up
    Do nothing, achieve nothing

Hi thanks for help ! Downloaded Gordon’s but due to being shite with computers couldn’t make head or tail of it !

Quote Originally Posted by TIKKA-2459 View Post
    Hi thanks for help ! Downloaded Gordon’s but due to being shite with computers couldn’t make head or tail of it !
    Hi sorted purchased a load data of Hornady !

Quote Originally Posted by TIKKA-2459 View Post
    i use quickload and have done for years and find it so simple to use even the first time.....i did have gordons too but that baffled me too lol

GRT can be a bit overwhelming, but there are tutorials on youtube which help a lot, also its free
    Do nothing, achieve nothing

From the alliant site rel 10 it only gives data for up to 50 grain projectile.

https://www.alliantpowder.com/reload...4&cartridge=45

"The complete reloading manual - one calibre/one book" used to be great,
    each bullet manufacturers data with a list of different powders at different loads, followed by each powder manufacturers data for each of the bullets.

Sadly, Gordon from GRT died earlier this year. Hopefully the community can pick up where he left off, but according to the website, updates are on hold.

Comparing GRT results to published data gives some interesting results- high loads.

Alliant don't give any loads above 50grain Nosler BT.

.222 Rem

I shoot 55gn in my Sako 75, no problem... shooting on a reduced power range, 2148 fps and 1498 me. 100 yards. Loads of loads.. if they settle for 50gn bullets they will be fine for 55gn bullets. I have the Lyman reloading book.. actually shows jacketed loads 45gn to 63 gn! I cannot expect the 63gn to shoot well with a 1 in 14 twist. Cast loads 45 and 54 gn. I tend to use Unique, 6.8gns to 8.5gns... Red Dot 5 to 8 gns. Very accurate rifle.

amc577

Give p-max a try. It is an online calculator which can give you a good idea of pressures.

https://www.p-max.uk/

Read the instructions first!