Quote Originally Posted by VALE BOY View Post
As you will verify Mick, that one I bought on the way to the Bash about 6 years ago, virtually identical to the one at the top of the thread, shoots really well and in one session with it you may recall, I hit the ‘Quigley Bucket’ target , about the size of a Swan Vestas matchbox out at 75 yards from the firing bench, 5 times out of 8 shots, and only equipped with a piddly wee 4-32 budget scope into the bargain….
And before anyone accuses me of running up tae the target and giving it a belt with the butt, it was done and witnessed fired in the conventional way…
Despite their ‘admittedly‘ agricultural’ construction the Tornado has possibly the most elegant and functional ‘scalloped’ underlever fitted to any make of underlever air rifle!😎
Quite correct Graeme.

I think the scope you used was one I'd just purchased --- but I could be wrong.

Anyway I've just dug my Tornado out of the gun cupboard and taken a squint at it --- I didn't realise how much work I'd done to it until I read an old thread on here last night.

Internally mine is fielding a 26mm Weihrauch piston seal, Weihrauch HW95 Spring guide and a HW99 (?) spring, but it seems I gave up on it when I couldn't get past 530fps.

I may have to have another go at tuning this weapon of mass destruction.

All the best Mick