Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A beautiful afternoon for a dream English Rifle shoot off

Thoughts as to why the Webley Service is not praised for its accuracy vs the BSA Light. I already stated that I think the Service is a little more hold sensitive but I also think it may be the sights? I think the old BSA’s open sights are better, so fine with the little front bead. The open sights of the Service I think are just not as naturally precise? I find that I was only using the aperture and took the rear leaf off the rifle so as not to interfere. With aperature the Service is pretty deadly but that may be limited in your vintage Bell Target?

Last thought on the BSA Light. Took the BSA out today alone and I must say that it is simply amazing to me that in 1919 they could make such a rifle. It is such a natural shooter and again shows me that it’s sights are just superior to the Service. The high thin bead front sight coupled with the 21b rear just has no real equal in my vintage collection.

Quote Originally Posted by 45flint View Post
    Thoughts as to why the Webley Service is not praised for its accuracy vs the BSA Light. I already stated that I think the Service is a little more hold sensitive but I also think it may be the sights? I think the old BSA’s open sights are better, so fine with the little front bead. The open sights of the Service I think are just not as naturally precise? I find that I was only using the aperture and took the rear leaf off the rifle so as not to interfere. With aperature the Service is pretty deadly but that may be limited in your vintage Bell Target?
    Quote Originally Posted by 45flint View Post
    Last thought on the BSA Light. Took the BSA out today alone and I must say that it is simply amazing to me that in 1919 they could make such a rifle. It is such a natural shooter and again shows me that it’s sights are just superior to the Service. The high thin bead front sight coupled with the 21b rear just has no real equal in my vintage collection.

Think you just answered your own question.

A nice question to be able to answer.

Next up - Mk1 Airsporter v early Webley Mk3?

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    Think you just answered your own question.

A nice question to be able to answer.

Next up - Mk1 Airsporter v early Webley Mk3?
    I think the BSA Light takes them both?

sounds like a lovely day