Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lead ban public consultation process

Over in FAC is a link to the report, I'm not going to put it here, it's 227 pages of bloody hard going most of which is scientific jargon.
    But
    It does state they have no reliable data on the practicality of lead free airgun projectiles especially for hunting/pest control, and that is something they specifically want from us shooters.

On the good news front it also says that, as at the moment there is little choice or development of both small calibre (rimfire) or airgun ammo, while the ban for large calibre/shotshell would have 18 months notice,
    rimfire & airgun would have an additional 5 years development time before being banned.

If you want to read just the report conclusions they start at page 208.
    Last edited by angrybear; 08-05-2022 at 09:27 PM.

Admin could post threads instructing alm to respond.

This is serious shit now.

We have to do something about the thousands of people dieing from lead poisioning. 🤔🤔🤔...... oh....... hang on a minute....

Lead poisioning is so common that my doctor refused to give e a blood check up because its so rare.

You wanna sort out the planet- then plastic makes lead look like a chocolate biscuit. Jeez, they even see plastic bags on the seabed of the challenger deep. At least the .177 pellets get buried under the ooze
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

I did say about this nearly two years ago now its got bugger all to do with lead poising more a way of pushing gun ownership from us i have read the link and tried to fill in the questionnaire but you just cant answer the questions we can only live and hope

just bumping an important topic back to page 1

I emailed connor at basc with my thoughts. More of us that do will help some what in aiding basc in their fight.

Lead

We are on lead removal for Yorkshire Water.
    There is god knows how much underground on ancient cast mains that we won't or cant get at.
    The lead ammo issue is a tiny problem in comparison.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" -- Benjamin Franklin

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Quote Originally Posted by Steyr View Post
    You wanna sort out the planet- then plastic makes lead look like a chocolate biscuit. Jeez, they even see plastic bags on the seabed of the challenger deep. At least the .177 pellets get buried under the ooze
    This /\ needs a 'like' button...

Quote Originally Posted by WILBA View Post
    I emailed connor at basc with my thoughts. More of us that do will help some what in aiding basc in their fight.
    You might as well of emailed Beyoncé.

Ive responded and answered where I could, where I couldn’t I stated Im not prepared to guess.

That is very vague by design Im thinking, those questions are aimed at governing bodies or national entities surely, and not the general public who have no knowledge of such information, and making guesses just isn’t helpful

Chris
    bigtoe, Harry, hydroclamp, jpsnorton, gayle89, mark410, Stu83, smallholder1, wellhouse0, readingcop, sir-slots-alot, danco1987, Stevenb, DarylDiane, simpleSimon, Ratinator, Milek, Josh, Maxtich, Woodsie99, Ozzie, master_shriller, niloc, Drake267, deejayuu, shootingstars

xbow is offline "Right a bit, left a bit............"
    I doubt many will have the attention span to watch this. If you do though you may begin to understand just how dangerous lead is and the effects it’s still having. Of course the usual numpties moaned like hell when they took it out of petrol.

Lead ammunition is obviously not as bad but it’s still well overdue we stopped spraying it indiscriminately over the countryside just for the amusement of a tiny minority.

We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals.
    Rudeness is the weak mans imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer.

If I don’t reply to your comments it’s probably because you’re on my Ignore list.

done my bit but did not find it easy,a few blanks left

Fieldsports channel has an article .

https://www.fieldsportschannel.tv/steelyourself/

There will be a report by Dr Conor O'Gorman (Head of Policy and Campaigns,
    British Association for Shooting and Conservation), discussing how the proposals may affect airgunners, in the July / August edition of the BASC magazine, and in Airgun Shooter.
    B.A.S.C. member