Quote Originally Posted by clipper View Post
Why. Just why? Had a 1377 as a kid, and used to love it for the power, low weight and lack of recoil

I've now started following this thread, and being older, and possessing more tools now want another one! My old 1377 had a plunger at the rear that you pulled to set the trigger and a rotating cover/probe for the breech - is the new bolt action type a combination of both?

Any differences between the two variants currently available new? Can find them for sale with the older styled brown wood effect grip, and one with black plastic
There will be people out there better qualified to comment definitively. But, as I see it......

I love my little "mini-carbine" 1377, based on the Mark III with the plastic breech, wood effect grips and pump handle and bolt action. Then fitted with the steel breech, shoulder stock and 4x32 scope. Very, very accurate at garden ranges and a pleasure to use. Although I can definitely see the attraction of the "classic" layout of rear cocking knob and rotating breech cover, I prefer the idea of the bolt on these later ones.

Not sure exactly when the lower power ones came into play with the pressure relief hole in the valve. Maybe this co-incided with the black grips / pump arm. My later one is one of these. I think the black, angular grip gives a "mean and moody" look but I'm not convinced it feels as nice to pump.

You do need to watch out for it not becoming a "money pit" as it's so easy to get carried away with the spend and mods. Personally, unless you're really desperate to get back into 1377 ownership, I'd say the HW40 is the ultimate self-contained accurate pistol at a reasonable price point, and you already have one. And just one stroke and it's ready to play, making the multi-pumps seem superfluous. So keep and enjoy. Feel free to join in on the 1377 party, but be prepared for trials, tribulations and spendies as well as a degree of satisfaction.