Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Like Binners, I probably did not need this but....

Like Binners, I probably did not need this but....

How could I resist?

https://photos.app.goo.gl/nW6X8NUVk4mgY24K6

I've pictured the original BSA pictorial handbook with a copy from around 1990 so you can see the difference in the covers. In essence the original has a blue tint to the characters on the cover, while the copy is black. The copy is of excellent quality and well worth acquiring but there's nowt like an original.

Now my only dilemma is I have a near identical rifle with a pistol hand stock that I may not be able to justify keeping. I'll need to give it some thought.

John
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.

That’s a treasure! Keep both if different stocks, no brainer. Lol. I just never see the straight stock over here, and I have nothing preWW1, total envy.

Quote Originally Posted by 45flint View Post
    That’s a treasure! Keep both if different stocks, no brainer. Lol. I just never see the straight stock over here, and I have nothing preWW1, total envy.
    What he said....... Keep em both ! Time capsules to another era.

Those early Standards are a delight.

Lakey

Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    How could I resist?
    What collector in their right mind could refuse such a gem? Wonderful addition, duplicate or not.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Nahh, it’s a piece of toot. But tell you what, so as to help out an old friend, I s’pose I could take it off your hands and home it for you - just to help out, like, you understand, yes?

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    Nahh, it’s a piece of toot. But tell you what, so as to help out an old friend, I s’pose I could take it off your hands and home it for you - just to help out, like, you understand, yes?

Good to hear from you Gareth.
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22

I do like the straight grip and the checkering is so crisp on your rifle,very nice.
    Les..

When I first cocked this rifle, she had the smoothness of decades of use. Places pellet on pellet at 6 yards, so I could hardly decline

John

micky2 is offline The collector formerly known as micky
    A very nice find indeed in that condition.

beautiful with that light coloured straight hand stock

Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    How could I resist?

https://photos.app.goo.gl/nW6X8NUVk4mgY24K6

I've pictured the original BSA pictorial handbook with a copy from around 1990 so you can see the difference in the covers. In essence the original has a blue tint to the characters on the cover, while the copy is black. The copy is of excellent quality and well worth acquiring but there's nowt like an original.

Now my only dilemma is I have a near identical rifle with a pistol hand stock that I may not be able to justify keeping. I'll need to give it some thought.

John
    1990 ??? Am i missing something or a typo error (for sure)lovely piece though
    I have a similar rifle by luck.

Quote Originally Posted by hookerball View Post
    1990 ??? Am i missing something or a typo error (for sure)lovely piece though
    I have a similar rifle by luck.
    The BSA handbook was reproduced in around 1990 and I've included an image of the original and copy.

Kind regards,

John

That is a splendid old Bsa. Amazing it survived so perfectly in our climate. Time machine condition
    "helplessly they stare at his tracks......."

Keep em both mate. Nice find that...

No-one needs any of this stuff, if the truth be told. But if you like it, buy it and preserve it for posterity.