Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Webley at Wallis

Webley at Wallis

As was posted a few days ago there is a good selection of Webley classics and later rifles as well as few others . Worth a look ,also a couple of .25 cal Omega’s up for grabs that some one on here was after.
    Pictures aren’t too brilliant , one of the Tommies or Longbow forgot which is listed as Walnut stock but it has a bit of a Beech look to it though could just be the pic .

Hellequin is online now I used to be indecisive.....
    A lot of nice looking old Webleys there. Where the chuff did they get so many Tomahawks?
    Wyrd bið ful aræd

buyers fee

id love some more 25cal but 35% buyers fee is steep

Is that Wallis and Wallis?

It is indeed .

I bought a Tomahawk in their last sale and there were about half a dozen Tomahawks and Longbows.
    Strange that they get so many late Webleys.
    Prices in the last sale were quite high,particularly the Longbows.

Just had a look my self....some lovely rifles...could be bidding all day long if i had the money??
    Last edited by muzzle; 03-06-2023 at 07:31 AM.

Thanks had a look. The .177 longbow is appealing (why did I ever sell my venom sidewinder?!) But the metalwork is rough and can't work out if it's British or Turkish

I'm not too far from Lewes

I DO NOT WANT to create a rod for my own back, but if we know each other on here, and I can potentially help re collection, pm me.

I get about a bit too, midlands, north from time to time _ if you have to have that old Webley (which won't be as good as an 80 or 95) !
    Looking for TO-6 Trigger unit unmessed with or T0-6 kit for 34

Webley

If you are after a Tommie then.
    Lot 348 sidewinder with paperwork
    Lot 355
    Lot 358
    Lot 353
    Are my pick of the bunch. Mach 1.5

I put a bid on 3 of the Longbows, I’ve been outbid on all of them, even the one with a lot of rust. They are definitely going to be overpriced.

The auction is live now for anyone interested - the air guns are late on though so won't be up for a while!

As mentioned the longbows/ tomahawks are going to be Pricey. The rusty .177 longbow appears to be Turkish from the serial number- a .177 tomahawk looks good but can't tell if it's British or Turkish which may explain the lack of bids

I am sorry to say that some of these guns were owned by a member of this forum, and a good friend, known on here as oldcurmudgeon, who died last year. Rest In Peace Alec.

I hope that some were bought by members of the BBS and will be used as intended.

I watched most of it....

...and all my auto bids from the weekend were rolled over before the auction started or very quickly into the auction. I was going for shooters not lookers so much. Think the prices achieved were fair - no real bargains i could have had a couple of cheapies with a last min click but not worth the trip down there for that. Hope the old chap's estate is happy with their takings as it wasnt given away at least.

But...when you take of the sellers premium of 20% i think and add on the buyers premium of 33% (for unreg's online bids) there is a whole stack of cash missing in the middle - my retirement plan is to run auctions!

I grabbed a few sold prices for ref but then realized W&W publish them anyway - now add 33% and weep or take off 20% - if they were sold on here say - and really cry... The Venom Tomahawk(?) was £650 sold, £865 to the buyer, £520 to the seller - thats £345 in the middle ouch! Link below if it works.

https://www.easyliveauction.com/cata...&currentPage=1
    Ex- Field airgun fella @ www.hprpc.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by nurek View Post
    I am sorry to say that some of these guns were owned by a member of this forum, and a good friend, known on here as oldcurmudgeon, who died last year. Rest In Peace Alec.

I hope that some were bought by members of the BBS and will be used as intended.

Well at least one has. I took the trip down and was very lucky to win the Webley Tomahawk Sidewinder. There were a couple more I would have liked but my eye was set on that one. I think the location and lack of replying to queries doesn't help raising more appropriate prices.
    The Tomahawk will stay with me and be well looked after.
    Always on the look out for Brum / Venom - Webley Longbow / Tommie rifles and parts.