Thread: .44 magnum bullets

.44 magnum bullets

Looking for small quantities of.44 bullets, if anyone has some that they are not using I’d be happy to buy them.

I’m starting out with reloading for a .44 marlin. It has a micro groove barrel, so apparently can be a bit fussy.

I wanted to make some small batches of cartridges with slightly different bullet diameters but don’t want to buy 500 of each size, before finding out which diameter bullet my rifle likes the most.

Thanks,
    Danny.
    Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22/BRNO Model 2/Remington 597/Buckmark/Marlin.44

Quote Originally Posted by DannyT View Post
    Looking for small quantities of.44 bullets, if anyone has some that they are not using I’d be happy to buy them.

I’m starting out with reloading for a .44 marlin. It has a micro groove barrel, so apparently can be a bit fussy.

I wanted to make some small batches of cartridges with slightly different bullet diameters but don’t want to buy 500 of each size, before finding out which diameter bullet my rifle likes the most.

Thanks,
    Danny.
    Microgroove likes oversize bullets. About a thou bigger than slugged bore diameter.
    [I]DesG
    Domani e troppo tardi

Quote Originally Posted by DesG View Post
    Microgroove likes oversize bullets. About a thou bigger than slugged bore diameter.
    Thanks for the info, so I need to slug the bore just to be sure?

I’ve looked into this a bit, apparently I need to get hold of some pure lead…
    Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22/BRNO Model 2/Remington 597/Buckmark/Marlin.44

.44 mag bullets

My micro bore .44 mag likes the gm bullet heads from kranks, 200 gr, 220 gr and 240 gr RNFP

They're about £49/500

Shell house sell in small quantities.

Quote Originally Posted by DannyT View Post
    Thanks for the info, so I need to slug the bore just to be sure?

I’ve looked into this a bit, apparently I need to get hold of some pure lead…
    I just tap a bullet down the barrel with a cleaning rod or ramrod or similar. I've even popped one through into an old blanket with a very low powder charge. Works ok for me.
    [I]DesG
    Domani e troppo tardi