Thread: Air Match 400 parts diagram

Air Match 400 parts diagram

Anyone know where I can find one?

Hope someone can help you, I have never seen a drawing. I worked on my Airmatch 600 which was simple to strip except for the valve chamber at the back which unscrews from the body and is a very thin delicate alloy casting that can crack very easily.

Baz

[IMG][/IMG]
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

I have an airmatch 600, never heard of the 400.
    What is the difference between the 400 & 600?

Cheers,
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by ptdunk View Post
    I have an airmatch 600, never heard of the 400.
    What is the difference between the 400 & 600?

Cheers,
    Matt
    If I had an exploded parts diagram I could answer your question, still hoping someone has one out there.....

[U]Might well be wrong but from memory I think the two of them, the 400 & 600 shared many of the major components but had different trigger mechanisms to one another. I think they both had a dry fire capability though. I seem to think the 600 had grips with an adjustable shelf plate / palm rest whereas the 400 had simpler wooden grips. Haven't seen one for sale for ages, but rather like them.

Quote Originally Posted by trajectory View Post
    [U]Might well be wrong but from memory I think the two of them, the 400 & 600 shared many of the major components but had different trigger mechanisms to one another. I think they both had a dry fire capability though. I seem to think the 600 had grips with an adjustable shelf plate / palm rest whereas the 400 had simpler wooden grips. Haven't seen one for sale for ages, but rather like them.
    nope, no dry fire mode on the 400.

Quote Originally Posted by airgunwerks View Post
    nope, no dry fire mode on the 400.
    I found an old BBS thread where a member said: "The 400 is described as having a dry fire facility ("left side of the receiver immediately above the grip"), the 600 as having a revised trigger and adjustable (instead of fixed) grips (and also being available in a left-hand version, with right-hand sidelever), and the 650 as being a 600 in a foam lined case with muzzle weight and tools."

Apparently BBS member Jenny Dipple may have a 400 manual?
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

The dry fire lever on the 600 can give trouble and stop the pistol cocking for normal firing. Easily sorted by putting a shim washer on the lever spindle.

Baz

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by Benelli B76; 12-05-2022 at 06:33 PM.

[U]The picture put on here by Benelli B76 reminded me just how delicate looking the foresight extension is on these pistols. I hate seen one for ages but have always liked the look of them. I had a few shot with one years ago & was rather tempted but couldn't justify getting one. Anybody got an idea as to what a 400 or 600 might be worth in good condition?

Quote Originally Posted by trajectory View Post
    [U]The picture put on here by Benelli B76 reminded me just how delicate looking the foresight extension is on these pistols. I hate seen one for ages but have always liked the look of them. I had a few shot with one years ago & was rather tempted but couldn't justify getting one. Anybody got an idea as to what a 400 or 600 might be worth in good condition?
    The two I have owned were £250 each, cased with accessories. They are good f.p.s. performers compared to some other SSPs, the weakness was the valve chamber on some which can crack. One I had was cracked but fixable.

Baz

Quote Originally Posted by Benelli B76 View Post
    The two I have owned were £250 each, cased with accessories. They are good f.p.s. performers compared to some other SSPs, the weakness was the valve chamber on some which can crack. One I had was cracked but fixable.

Baz
    Thank you for your reply. Don't know if you were just lucky but that sounds like pretty good value to me. Interesting to hear that some if them can have valve body problems. Just wondering if they have mazak / zinc alloy metal castings, & if you might share how you went about repairing it please. I'm guessing you might have had to sleeve it but then the knock on is that would fatten the valve body, so is there space to accommodate a fatter valve body? Or am I way off.

Nothing special about the price, thats what they seem to change hands at. No better than the FAS 604 which I have bought a couple of for £250 each, still have one, prefer it to the Airmatch as it is much easier to strip completely down and reseal. I repaired the inside of the air chamber of the valve with a two part resin and it held pressure.

Baz

Quote Originally Posted by Benelli B76 View Post
    Nothing special about the price, thats what they seem to change hands at. No better than the FAS 604 which I have bought a couple of for £250 each, still have one, prefer it to the Airmatch as it is much easier to strip completely down and reseal. I repaired the inside of the air chamber of the valve with a two part resin and it held pressure.

Baz
    Thank you for sharing your repair method. Some of those two component epoxies can be very useful indeed. Sometimes you find all manner of repairs have been done with them. Came across a stripped thread on an alloy engine block....somebody epoxied the good male thread into the block. Wouldn't have minded too much if it was a water pump housing bolt or something like that but it was a spark plug. Least we found it before it shot out through the bonnet.
    I liked the idea of the 6** series, a 22 short, 22lr & .32 WC, all in a very similar weighted, balanced & looking pistol. it seemed logical to me for those who were multi disciplined paper punchers,
    Atb