Thread: Dome Spitfire Pellets Change

Dome Spitfire Pellets Change

I've been shooting Dome Spitfire .177s in my new HW100 and they were shooting one hole groups. Amazing - so I ordered 10 tins. Opened the first tin and the point of impact was 3 INCHES away from the the previous shot. Huh? They weren't grouping at all - just pebble-dashing the target and two shots missed the target entirely. A quick search on the web said that they've changed recently. So I weighed a batch of 10 pellets from one tin and another 10 from a different tin. One tin gave an average weight of 8.92 grains and the other of 8.55 grains, and that was the batch that wasn't grouping. So I went through all 10 tins. 3 tins were 8.92s and 7 tins were 8.55s.

So I emailed SMK and have had no reply. I tried telephoning the number on the tins but both numbers just go to a fax machine.

In desperation I tried them out in my BSA springer - and got a 1.5 inch group at 10 yards! Tried them in my other BSA springer and they were just as bad.

Does anyone know the facts behind this? Is it a permanent change or have I just got a duff batch? The 8.92 grain ones were fabulous - but the 8.55 grain ones don't shoot acceptably in any airgun I've got - and now I've got 7 tins of the things that I don't know what to do with...

Contact the seller, explain the issue ask to return the light weight & exchange for the heavier version.