Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post
Who can't see within a degree when your crosshairs aren't level just by looking down the stock

Similarly who can't see when their crosshairs aren't level in the scope within a degree or two

Finally, who can focus on three things at once - Target, Crosshairs and a Spirit level?

Not convinced by them...
You'd be surprised, especially on sloping ground how easy it is to be a few degrees out by eye.

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
I'm with you on that..

I just adjust my scope so the verticle croshair passes through the centre of the bore.. that's what matters. Level has no useful meaning beyond this. Thus the pellets trajectory follows the crosshair as it arcs downwards.

I kinda get the use of levels for consistency, but as above.. uinless you are benchresting, or possibly prone, it's pretty hard to look at a level whilst aiming and concentrating on everything else.
In FT sitting you're in a stable position and it's the work of a second to glance at the level to check. As above it's quite an eye opener sometimes when you think the rifle is level and the bubble is way over one side. I like to set the bubble so I can see it in the field of vision of the non-aiming eye so I don't even need to come out of the aim.

A 5 degree cant will cause a 1" shift of POI at 50 yards. Yes of course on flat ground you'd spot 5 degrees a mile off but in a wood, when the ground is undulating, you can't see the horizon, when your shooting position is on a slope and your target isn't on the same level as you it's a lot harder. Very easy to deceive the eye.