Thread: Relum

Relum

Love them or hate them, I wouldn't part with my Super Tornado!

What was the break barrel equivalent of the Super Tornado, LG527 Zephyr?

Thanks.

had one years a go i begged my mum to get it for me kays catalogue i thought i was the bees knees at the time

Quote Originally Posted by norris View Post
    Love them or hate them, I wouldn't part with my Super Tornado!

What was the break barrel equivalent of the Super Tornado, LG527 Zephyr?

Thanks.
    Break barrel was called the telly

Smile Relum Telly 200

I had one out of my mates big brothers Kays catalogue, it took two hand to cock it, i thought it was the most powerful gun in the world

harry mac is offline You can't say muntjack without saying mmmmm
    Quote Originally Posted by WILBA View Post
    When they revamped the Tornado into the "Super" Tornado, they also revamped the Telly and it became the Zephyr. There was a smaller break barrel as well, but I can't remember the name of it. (Quick Google search reveals it was the Relum Taurus).
    The South of England has 2 good things, the M1 and the A1. Both will take you to Yorkshire.

A few years ago I was staying at a hotel in Wales for a few days and as an acknowledgment for doing a small repair on the lounge upright piano, I was invited into the kitchen for a couple of beers and to eat my Indian takeaway (it was October, so the hotel wasn’t doing evening meals)

Whilst I was sat at the table watching the telly in the kitchen, the picture went a bit wonky and the proprietor said it would be the rooks landing on the aerial on the roof and messing up the picture. To remedy the situation he walked over to the fridge where a break-barrel air rifle was propped against it. Out into the yard and he let off a shot dry-firing it to scare them off and that did the trick…

The rifle was a Relum ‘Telly’ and I thought it was so ironically appropriate that he was using a ‘Telly’ to fix the telly! 😉🤣

Haha!

Again, what an amusing little tale, Graeme.. All made possible by your many travels and your expert observations of the rich variety of humankind life, generosity and behaviour.

Long may these continue.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

ha ha made me laugh

I know them as 'Jelly' , but cannot entertain with tales of dessert preparation involving unusual use of a barrel owing to absence of wooden spoon...
    Last edited by Epicyclic; 02-06-2022 at 08:54 PM.

I've just acquired a 527 in a right shit state. Going to save it as a winter project.

Also a B2 with a adjustable trigger (Shanghai model something or other), and a daisy 1000 break barrel with possibly the worst trigger I have felt
    Super soaker 3000 (water), nerf fang (foam), noisy cricket (energy), m41a pulse rifle (10x24), Gat gun (.177)

Quote Originally Posted by WILBA View Post
    Tellies and Jellies in terms of airguns were before my time.

I found an old add in one of the Airgun magazines and the Relum models were-

Super Tornado
    Taurus
    Zephyr
    Rapide
    Zip pistol

So it would be a Taurus air rifle I would be interested in.