Thread: Our stance against the lead ban Suggestions sort to fight this proposal

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Our stance against the lead ban Suggestions sort to fight this proposal

Every shooter and every gun shop needs to get on board with this one !

What positive suggestions can you give to appose the lead ban

No silly jokes or sticking your finger up your ass and showing you couldn't give a flying

I can suggest a few ways to make our firm stance, what's your thought's, feeling and suggestions to fight this ban ?
    Hw77+7

As a starting point everyone should download and read all the documents from the NSRA website:

Potential Restriction on the Use of Lead in Ammunition

Rutty

Trying to be positive here
    Could we , that is the bodies that supposedly represent us ,that is ,all shooters, enlist some unbiased scientific types to show evidence that the amount of environmental contamination from our hobby is minimal when set against the massive and egregious pollution from sewage, plastics, unscreened builders waste and over development, careless releases and habitual poor practice from agriculture and what's left of some of our industry.
    We know what the main problem is for us , we are low hanging fruit for the irresponsible sods running the country who are getting away with paying lip service to dealing with the real problems .
    How about giving Prince Charles the opportunity to speak for us ? Maybe he and other people at the top are sympathetic ; who really knows unless it's tried ?
    All a bit weak I know, and I expect the usual detractors will now weigh into me , but maybe someone else can offer something useful ... ?
    Atb
    Mark

PLAGUE is offline Nice to see you, to see you,,,,,,,Nice!!!!!!!
    Farsight

Thank you Mark.

You have a good point Mark regarding scientific responses etc but it’s the organisation’s like BASC etc that can enlist such views and produce the data to question the necessity for any ban on particularly Airgun ammunition. The problem is that so many shooters are not members as they’ll spend a great deal of money on their guns, scopes, safes, cases etc etc but won’t pay to join the representative organisations. Maybe now some will wake up and realise that said organisations could well be the only voice we have that would be heard.

Thanks chaps. IPC1 you're on the money, but so are BASC and there seems to be some feeling among shooters that the organisation have not been as vocal as people would like on several issues over the years and that the game is not worth the candle. If BASC would actually get up on their hind legs and make the right noises for the common man then maybe the subscriptions would be poured upon them.

NSRA stuff is all good , but I fear that suggesting target shooters may leave the sport because of poor ammo will be simply music to the ears of the politicians and chiefs of police.

I feel we could be lambs to the slaughter here as far as BASC are concerned!
    I have emailed them as a full member over the last few months about my concerns over the lead ban for airguners and never had a response!!!
    HW100KT,FX Verminator,X2 Merlyn
    BSA Superstar,FX Dream Tac Compact,Browning Maxus,Browning O/U,Miroku SbS, Hw97k,HW98,BSA R10, Zbroia Kozac FC.

Well for a start the more air gunners who reply to the consultation, stating non lead pellets are not fit for purpose & listing the reasons, the better.
    Along with anything else you can think of that might help.

You can also point out how airguns are good for killing vermin, & should their number be reduced more poisons will be needed which are even worse for nature & poison raptors etc than lead.

There is also the fact that as yet there has been no independent testing that proves beyond doubt that it is lead shot/bullets/pellets.

I'm going to borrow a link from Gordon in FAC that refers to an isotope test that that could be done to prove where the lead comes from that kills birds but has not been done so at the moment,

so until that testing is done we are being condemned by guess work & hearsay, add a comment on that to your reply in your own words.

https://countrysquire.co.uk/2022/04/...ry-of-science/