Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Our stance against the lead ban Suggestions sort to fight this proposal

Most shooting ranges are havens for wildlife. Less shooting (and the lead ban will make less shooting) means less ranges which means less wildlife. The same with military land.

BB

Quote Originally Posted by Black Beard View Post
    Most shooting ranges are havens for wildlife. Less shooting (and the lead ban will make less shooting) means less ranges which means less wildlife. The same with military land.

BB
    Longmoor Military ranges in Hampshire is an area Sites of Special Scientific Interest (SSSI) Has all 12 species of UK reptile, yet the ranges there go back before WW1, bullets everywhere, thriving wildlife. Don't see any three headed rabbits or lethargic looking birds around the area.

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    That will never happen, the only way to fight is via the current consultation process.
    The situation is a farce !

Fight it on what grounds ?

What is given to us to argue ?

They would take our shooting irons and give us sod all back, they have done it before and we no voice in the matter.. Fact !
    Hw77+7

I think that if they are going to ban something then it is only fair that they replace it with something of the same quality. So if I hand in 20000 target quality pellets, they give me back 20000 non toxic JSBs.

The same with shotgun and rifle ammunition.

BB

Quote Originally Posted by Black Beard View Post
    I think that if they are going to ban something then it is only fair that they replace it with something of the same quality. So if I hand in 20000 target quality pellets, they give me back 20000 non toxic JSBs.

The same with shotgun and rifle ammunition.

BB
    Thats an interesting comment regarding a buy back / exchange.
    Pretty sure I've seen something regarding that, but instantly assumed it would only possibly apply to shotgun or centrefire ammo .

There are some who hold some pretty high stocks of pellets (me included).
    B.A.S.C. member

Quote Originally Posted by HW55T View Post
    A nation wide petition to obtain over 100,000 signatures is the first step to getting this debated in the house of Lords.

How do we get every gun shop on board with this ?
    Yes this surly has to be a start im a full member of basc and countryside alliance i do feel that not enough is being done to stop any outright ban i have also filled in the survey to my best "i must say its utter right and not fit for purpose" can someone get a survey started it can be done a change.org im not that good in getting words onto paper to get it over but if its done will sign it and pass it on as much as i can

Quote Originally Posted by robs5230 View Post
    Thats an interesting comment regarding a buy back / exchange.
    Pretty sure I've seen something regarding that, but instantly assumed it would only possibly apply to shotgun or centrefire ammo .

There are some who hold some pretty high stocks of pellets (me included).
    Surely they'll just the ban the sale of new lead ammunition and wait for the old stocks to run out naturally - they're no way going to be organised enough to pay or exchange lead for non-lead. It's like emissions regulations on vehicles, they don't make the old ones illegal (ULEZ aside), they just make the new ones compliant.

I'm in not doubt it is coming, once it's been mentioned it's inevitable.

Quote Originally Posted by ZAKDINGEL View Post
    Yes this surly has to be a start im a full member of basc and countryside alliance i do feel that not enough is being done to stop any outright ban i have also filled in the survey to my best "i must say its utter right and not fit for purpose" can someone get a survey started it can be done a change.org im not that good in getting words onto paper to get it over but if its done will sign it and pass it on as much as i can
    I will put some thought into starting a petition, it will need every shooter and gun shop to sign this, so expect to be asked to sign it if you walk through the door of a gun shop or wish, want and feel our sport is being restricted to the point of limited returns.

We as shooters wish to be seen as law abiding, level headed people who like to hit the target, we can't do that if the one thing that gets us there is restricted.

I am going to need help with this, so any positive input is very welcome and appreciated.
    Hw77+7

I liked the link from angry bear and the analogy that persons killed in car accidents were killed by seat belts as they were all wearing them.
    I have an excerpt from an American research that's states that lead doesn't break down once in the body.
    You would need to Google a few lines but you can find it.

37 Physicians must understand that air-weapon pellets carry a propensity to embolize once in the bloodstream.34,39 (The old fear of lead poisoning from a retained air-weapon pellet appears obsolete, as the modern alloy composition of the ammunition does not elevate serum lead levels
    Repariere nicht, was nicht kaputtist.

Quote Originally Posted by HW55T View Post
    I will put some thought into starting a petition, it will need every shooter and gun shop to sign this, so expect to be asked to sign it if you walk through the door of a gun shop or wish, want and feel our sport is being restricted to the point of limited returns.

We as shooters wish to be seen as law abiding, level headed people who like to hit the target, we can't do that if the one thing that gets us there is restricted.

I am going to need help with this, so any positive input is very welcome and appreciated.
    Have you seen this place before? https://www.change.org/ if we can get 100.00 it will get the lords attention