Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What if--Webley had done a poster like Milbro?

ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice

What if--Webley had done a poster like Milbro?

Most of us know about the Milbro Cougar poster with the girl in the white T shirt and prominent raspberry ripples But if Webley had done a similar sort or poster in the late 70's , early 80's who do you think they would have chosen?
    Would it have been some page 3 type of would they have gone for someone a bit classier? For some reason Diana Rigg in a basque like in that episode of The Avengers came to mind. Joanna Lumley?

Who do you think?
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"

How about Jenny Agutter in her american werewolf nurses outfit, or her logans run costume 😍😍
    Donald

Fred Dibnah, probably
    Morally flawed

Quote Originally Posted by ggggr View Post
    Most of us know about the Milbro Cougar poster with the girl in the white T shirt and prominent raspberry ripples But if Webley had done a similar sort or poster in the late 70's , early 80's who do you think they would have chosen?
    Would it have been some page 3 type of would they have gone for someone a bit classier? For some reason Diana Rigg in a basque like in that episode of The Avengers came to mind. Joanna Lumley?

Who do you think?

Thought I had clicked the wrong link for a moment then realised its Saturday and Mr G must have been on the apple wine... but seeing as we are here I propose Webley would have used a really popular female figure of the age-Pamela Stephenson from Not the Nine O clock News fame. She would have handled a little Webley with panache.

Quote Originally Posted by thisisdonald View Post
    How about Jenny Agutter in her american werewolf nurses outfit, or her logans run costume 😍😍
    Oddly enough, Jenny Agutter the 3rd name I was going to mention. And "yes" American Werewolf.

Apparently Jenny Agutter has appeared naked in 6 films. Apart from "The railway children" , can you name the ones she has appeared in and kept her clothes on?

The Nuddy ones are Walkabout, Logans run, Equus,China 9 liberty 37, Sweet William and American Werewolf.

Back to airgunny stuff
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"

Who do you think?
    I've got a mint condition copy of that poster somewhere, must get it out and have a look!

I vaguely remember that famous advert as a kid/teenager and was interested but could not work out why. Do you think it really helped sales ? Given the delicate times we are living in I doubt a firm would have the balls to use anything like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamocfx View Post
    I vaguely remember that famous advert as a kid/teenager and was interested but could not work out why. Do you think it really helped sales ? Given the delicate times we are living in I doubt a firm would have the balls to use anything like it.
    If Milbro had just sold copies of the poster, instead of making the Cougar pistol, they would have made a lot more money!

Felicity Kendal in skimpy sweater and hot pants with a Premier like the one in an episode of The Good Life. I think I need to lie down..

If Milbro had just sold copies of the poster, instead of making the Cougar pistol, they would have made a lot more money!

Felicity Kendal...

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil G View Post
    Looks like Martin Shaw in The Professionals...

Who do you think?

image.jpeg