Thread: Am I odd or obsessive or normal ?

Am I odd or obsessive or normal ?

OK sort of fun, sort of serious.

I have just finished a "system" that I always seem to fall into....

1)
    I bought 5 Sharp Innovas, never having owned a pumper before, they were from v good to v bad in condition, most not working.

2)
    Starting with the first/worse one acquired, strip it , see how it works, get it working.

3)
    Fix all over a few weeks getting a crash internet/practical course as I go along. Naturally the last one is best with most learned on the journey.

This is where it gets busy..

4) Go back over the others to make them ALL as good....

This is where it is a bit silly, maybe I admit that

5) Find the worst one (there will be one) and for shear stupid sake? make it BETTER than the others.

6) Thats it, most end up stored or swapped... ( I do aim to sell some...but...seems harder than I thought...)

Now I do / have done this a lot, always something new, always when done it is "over". Lastest phases have been BSA, webley pistols, Jackals, Drulovs, Co2, Innovas....

Now I know for a lot it is the "hunt" same for me. Also the fix, but the constant moving on totaly has me a bit frustrated as there seems no end..

So Am I odd ? or "normal" in the airgun world ?

I have a thick skin
    John

EDIT I mean mechs, wood and metal all redone by me .....

Absolutley sane and normal. Sounds like excellent fun and a great way to develop your knowledge and skills. Well done with this and keep going.

You sound as normal as the rest of us John

There really is something very satisfying about a new acquisition that then encourages you to learn as much as you can about it and which inevitably results in you searching for more similar examples to expand your knowledge further.

John
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.

5) Find the worst one (there will be one) and for shear stupid sake? make it BETTER than the others.

I have one or two like this, you end up spending so many hours on them that you can't bear to part with it. I bought a really rough Benjamin from auction it didn't work, missing sights and had a bad stock repair but now it's one of my favourites.

urx is offline 2,602.00 GBP −10.00 (0.38%) at the close
    Sounds expensive :-)
    Gun control means using both hands.

I wait and buy only guns in great shape. Oil them and have fun shooting. Rarely buy doubles. Find my tastes have changed as I traveling on in the hobby, sell guns at shows that don’t fit my current collecting goals. Use money to buy what interests me now. Good quality guns are easy to sell.