Thread: Gamo Falcon Gamo Centre Information Please

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Gamo Falcon Gamo Centre Information Please

Hi Chaps,

I wonder if you could help? Despite not being into pistols I find myself reading more and more and acquiring the odd one or two. Has anyone any experience of the Gamo Falcon/Centre pistol? What is the difference between these two please? Currently I am at work which restricts my searches and wont allow anything air gun though forums work OK (?). How much do these pistols tend to sell for? I am thinking that an underlever pistol would look good on a shelf next to my other relics.
    Lastly I seem to remember an underlever wooden bodied chinese pistol that I had as a teenager (over 30 years ago) is this a fevered dream or did they make and import such a thing?

Thanks for any input Guys this place keeps me sane for 12 hours a day.

I bought one of these about five years ago from my local club who were selling off some donated guns that nobody ever shot; it certainly is not 10m. match quality but was in nice un-marked condition. Since there was no interest in it I paid £20 which went towards the club funds.
    I would think that I actually paid less than its market value and would guess at £30-40 being a more realistic price for a private sale. It is really only a back garden 'plinker'.

I only bought it for novelty interest having never seen or shot an underlever air pistol before; I don't think many underlever variant pistols were ever produced. I only identified what I had bought from Dennis Hiller's book where it is described as "The Center" and I have no idea what the Falcon is.

I hope this helps

PS - I have just spotted a mention of El Gamo 'Falcon' in "The Blue Book of Airguns" with no illustration and only a brief description as an underlever cocking pistol with a 7" barrel; the 'Center' has a 14" barrel.
    Last edited by AC99; 16-05-2022 at 09:57 AM. Reason: further info

Thanks for that AC, I am at work so can only do the most basic search and I am getting similar results. If they were better pistols then I am sure we would be hearing more about them.

They are actually pretty decent. The Center and the Falcon share the same action with different grips/frame. The Falcons were fully plastic. Reasonably well made and accurate. There was a Target model with walnut-I think- grips as well. They are quite large pistols.
    Pellets load via a radial port which swings out via a wee thumb lobe. This would sever pointed pellets so wadcutters or short domed pellets were best.
    Falcon was £29.95 new in 1986. The trigger sear wore out on mine quickly but I used the gun almost constantly.

There's a review of the Gamo Falcon in June's Airgun World and Protek had a boxed Centre for sale last time I looked.

Kind regards,

John
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.

I found mine very nice to shoot, accurate and well made, apart from the plastic grips. I did find it a bit heavy for single handed shooting, but amazingly little recoil.
    Bought and sold it at about £60 if I remember.
    ATB
    Dan