Thread: Theoben Imperator FT instructions

Theoben Imperator FT instructions

To all Theoben fans: The Theoben Imperator FT rifle seems to be very rare but does anyone have a copy of the manual / instruction sheet that came with the rifle? I am not looking for an original sheet (I believe it was a sheet rather than a booklet) so a scan would do.
    I believe the FT version was single shot only with no provision for the magazine system but may be wrong. The single shot insert seems to be still available. Also, early models not having a safety catch?

As you see, I am pretty ignorant about them but would like to learn.

Can anyone help?
    Cheers, Phil

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Russell View Post
    To all Theoben fans: The Theoben Imperator FT rifle seems to be very rare but does anyone have a copy of the manual / instruction sheet that came with the rifle? I am not looking for an original sheet (I believe it was a sheet rather than a booklet) so a scan would do.
    I believe the FT version was single shot only with no provision for the magazine system but may be wrong. The single shot insert seems to be still available. Also, early models not having a safety catch?

As you see, I am pretty ignorant about them but would like to learn.

Can anyone help?
    Cheers, Phil
    Guy on here and also R7 forum is your man for info on the
    Theoben Imperator FT as he has one. I bought a single shot try for my slr88 before i sold it so yes the trays are availible. Guy will tell you if they can take a mag or not as he is the guru on theobens. Chris

Quote Originally Posted by WILBA View Post
    Guy on here and also R7 forum is your man for info on the
    Theoben Imperator FT as he has one. I bought a single shot try for my slr88 before i sold it so yes the trays are availible. Guy will tell you if they can take a mag or not as he is the guru on theobens. Chris
    Thanks Chris ... may I ask, please, who is 'Guy'? Is that his user name on here? OK ... I think Ifound him and have sent a PM.

I think, only think mind, that early FT rifles were single shot only but maybe later ones could take the magazine??

Cheers, Phil
    Last edited by Phil Russell; 16-05-2022 at 05:47 PM. Reason: more info found

I had an early FT - Single shot .177 (fixed) mag in a CS left hand stock.

Chris (slug gun) can also advise on whether the later models would accept a multi shot mag.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    I had an early FT - Single shot .177 (fixed) mag in a CS left hand stock.

Chris (slug gun) can also advise on whether the later models would accept a multi shot mag.
    Hi Mark D, thanks for the pointer. But may I ask for more info? 'slug gun' search produced nothing but there seemed to be many many variations on a theme. A user name 'slug-gun' seemed to give only sales threads????

I would really like to make contact with an Imperator FT owner to get more information.

Cheers, Phil

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Russell View Post
    Hi Mark D, thanks for the pointer. But may I ask for more info? 'slug gun' search produced nothing but there seemed to be many many variations on a theme. A user name 'slug-gun' seemed to give only sales threads????

I would really like to make contact with an Imperator FT owner to get more information.

Cheers, Phil
    Hi mate if you join https://www.rapid7ownersclub.co.uk/ you’ll find Guy on there and plenty of owners who may help
    Impact Airguns GSX 200 0.22/0.177 Ben Taylor Smooth Twist
    Theoben Rapid 12 0.20 Tyrolean - HW80 Mk1 VMach 0.22
    HW97K 0.177 Paul Short Stage 4 Titanium Piston

I'm fairly sure Jerry Dowdall has an Imperator FT, I'm not sure if he's on here though (edit, I think he's probably JerryD). He would be a good person to ask as I imagine he's used it a fair bit, he's bound to know the ins and outs of these rifles.
    Best Regards

Simon

I've got some slug guns.

I have a Theoben SLR88 Imperator FT. I have only used it with the single shot tray. I have plenty of single lug magazines for Imperators but they are all in .22 so no good for the FT which is in .177. I haven’t ever seen a .177 magazine for sale, so have never been able to try it. However I did read on here on one post of a member trying one in his and it didn’t work and got mangled in the mechanism. So even if I did find a .177 magazine I wouldn’t bother trying. Hope this helps!