A’noon all.
As some will know I’m in the process of a bit of tlc on my .177 Goldstar springer and hoping for a bit of time saving help/advice.

I have a new Titan spring to go in, plus newfangled plastic guide that’s ‘recommended’. Assembled today to see how it’ll go and its a running a bit hot ( no surprise there really, but had to try it…) so stripped it all apart again and obviously I gotta cut the new spring down. This is where I could do with some advice please if possible as Ive tried going thru the spring info on here but tbh my eyes went blurry just before my brain did, so if anyone has done the same in theirs I wondered if they’d be able to give a bit of advice re starting point.

I know it’s basically a process of coil elimination, but if I can skip the first one or two “disassemble, remove, cut, smooth, reassemble, test” stages it would be a great help. I appreciate this sounds lazy, and it kinda is, but my bench time is restricted so as much as I love tinkering and learning in the process unfortunately I don’t have the luxury of limitless time to spend in the batcave. ( I know, I know, none of us get as much as we’d like….😔😔 )

If anyone has done the same to theirs I’d really appreciate knowing how many coils you eventually had to cut to get it right. I know mine won’t be exactly the same but if, say, you had to take 3 off, then I’d start with 2 and go from there, saving 2 cycles of the process and some precious time.

If its not that simple, ie every gun will be totally and vastly different then please feel free to give me a slap, tell me to put my big boy pants on and just get on with it, and I’ll go cry in the corner for a while then get on with it as and when.

Also, if anyone else has any specific tips pertaining to this particular rifle I’d be all ears….. Always keen to learn.

TIA